Info help?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zecritr

Reaction score
and now you have four different posts to look at instead of one post,which is why i linked to the other site,sorry not

zecritr

Reaction score
Hmmm interesting that Jay must have seen those pics and gave some great info that i didn't know but now i do know[:)]
might mean i moved those pics and forgot to see where i had posted them and fix that,oops my bad and now fixed.

Oh and what a wonderful way to plug some other forum, Please come and look at my non-existent photo's of what is supposed to be an embossed medicine bottle,
If Larry(dugbottles) wants to plug the forum that he is building there, here, great he can in his signature and he's been a member here and a digger for years,his prerogative.Me I'm to new, both here and to bottle collecting to do that.
I have done forum work before on the other hand,
Some forum scrips have different abilities to do things in posting than others do,I was using those differences to do different things,Like post pictures,oops if you couldn't figure that out, also I post links to this forum both there and in other forums,not because I'm Plugging this one or that but I am plugging information that is herre to other people who are or may be looking for that,i kinda like helping people find what they are looking for,go figure.

(BTW how many of them med bottles do you have with that embossed on the bottle? if you do then hey maybe you know something about it?Which is what the original question is about and still is :)

Btw way hope you all didn't get the impression that I'm pissed about being accused of something by a couple of folks i thought could think better than that. Was impressed at one point.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Hey there Chris, I think I can speak for the others and say that at worst it was a simple misunderstanding. The folks here are rather protective of the forum, and quite rightfully as it is a splendid resource, and with the Chinese spammers who have been posting here lately people are more guarded and wary of links which may undermine the status of this forum, whether they be irrelevant commerce-minded links or competing forum links. Obviously you are 100% innocent of any wrongdoing so please accept my apology on behalf of all people here for the misunderstanding. Please carry on as you have been. [:)]

zecritr

Reaction score
Thanks and your right probably was and yes I can understand I'm New here and I'm Quite Protective of it also,Like you said Great Resouce and great People.
Still Love it Here and Would recommend this Forum AND All The People,For My Part Please Forgive me for Jumping back as much as i did :)
Chris

Ummm Not Sure Who to ask But is it going to be a Problem Linking to larry's Forum,Tis a better place for me to Post my Pic's but if it is a Prob. Then well I won't :)

Plumbata

Reaction score
No forgiveness is necessary, I don't think you reacted unreasonably. I was a new fellow here once and didn't understand the "culture" and different personalities here like I do now. Sadly some of the members here who taught me hard lessons are no longer with us in the world. RIP Lobeycat and Bearswede. I used to take things far more personally or literally than I should have, and it led to plenty of unnecessary and foolish conflict. Sometimes I just made an idiotic fool of myself, hah. I guarantee that the fine individuals who offered their criticism based upon incomplete information were not attacking you personally, and given the present complete facts would support you all the way. I ain't a moderator here but I would say that you can rightfully post links to the other forum provided you don't actively promote it over this particular forum. Rivalries between forums are never ever productive, as i have learned the hard way, so as long as the linking serves a purely practical purpose then it shouldn't lead to further unpleasantness.

Also, I noticed that you sell on several different "eBay-alternatives". I sell on Webstore and used to sell on E-Bid (got shut down, long story but they refunded my 50 buck verification fee so that was nice) and sell on other sites too but am wondering what your favorite non-eBay platforms are? With total fees around 15% I'd like to branch out a bit.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I wish Plummy WAS a mod here, he has just what it takes. Posting hyperlinks to other forums is permissible as long as the content is pertinent.

zecritr

Reaction score
thanks Cyber and plum :)

As to the other links other than e-bay i would have to go with webstore am looking at etsy also,yeah E-bay is number 1 and they act like it,those fee's are really beginning to suck way to much but.....for the moment anyways:(

zecritr

Reaction score
OOps
yeah and looking at a couple other places around also,will let you know if any good comes out of it or even if a place to avoid :)

frozenmonkeyface

Reaction score
As was mentioned above, I did not mean anything personal by my comment and there has been a lot of spamming on here lately. I am new to the forum as well and should not have jumped to that conclusion. I am glad you came back and cleared that up with us. I see you had good intentions and I spoke out of frustration, not with you but with who I thought may be a spammer. I am by no means an expert on bottles OR on forums in general. My apologies. [:)]

-Wendy

zecritr

Reaction score
Thanks Wendy and i do understand that frustration only to well,unfourtuantely
of course i've never done anything like that myself, me being so innocent and sweet and would never j [:D] well if you believe that i have a 1999 coke bottle i dug out of the trash for only 55$ real cheap,i ev3en think it had a label at one time[sm=rolleyes.gif][sm=lol.gif]

all's good that ends well
and in the end i'm glad you all did speak up :) Got my pics fixed (mostly)lol

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter