J E Gombault's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

toddrandolph

Reaction score
For some reason, those are common around here, I dug quite a few out of one dump and remember the smelly gunk inside. I kept a couple as they make nice window bottles. Most I have found in 20s dumps, even though they have an older look to them. Never saw one with a label.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Rory,

Nothing like a little Caustic Balsam, eh. Here's one of their less enlightened trade cards.

Gombaults.jpg
"Back of card says product is warranted to give satisfaction to many animal and human aliments. Among animals, it is useful for such things as curb, sprint, bony tumors and strained tendons. As a human remedy, among other things, it took care of rheumatism, sprains and sore throats. It was made by The Lawrence-Williams Co., Cleveland, Ohio." From Reggie.

GombaultsLabel.jpg
From.

2311071308_fa209a0808.jpg

toddrandolph

Reaction score
Thanks for the info surface one, I didn't know these were local. I am not far from cleveland (unfortunately, lol). Also, the dump where I found many of these had lots of other vet related stuff in it including spohns distemper, common Dr. Daniels, Kendall's, Glovers, etc. I still believe these were made with tooled tops right into the 20s after finding them in multiple dumps of that age....they were probably made for a long period of time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR