Josh needs a Christmas exchange partner for 2013!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Fertig

Reaction score
[attachment=DSCN2770.jpg] Well.... Josh was the one who bugged me about my first post if we were doing a Christmas exchange for 2013. Now it seems as if there was an odd number of people signed up and Josh was the last name in the hat. For those of you who know Josh, this should not come as a surprise. Peej is looking into it, but I thought I'd make an attempt here, also. For those of you who do not know - Josh is my 10 year old that has really taken a liking to bottles. We have gone to Balto. the last two years (it had been years since I was there) and he has bought more bottles then me both years. He has a general collection and buys what he likes, which seems to be meds with large embossing, and later blobs or early crowns with interesting embossings. Although he does have a lot not in these categories. For those who have sent or given him bottles in the past - thank you very much. He really enjoys these and will often bring one or two to me to show me what he has found on the interwebs about a particular bottle. So.... Would anyone be interested in being his Exchange Buddy this year? He has been looking forward to this, and I need to give him an answer soon, as I keep putting off telling him this situation. Thanks,Dave

Attachments

• acc8492b3ede453bb30989a8ab736ef4.jpg
    acc8492b3ede453bb30989a8ab736ef4.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 80

ScottBSA

Reaction score
David,I started collecting bottles when I was 9 or 10. I am now way older than that. I would love to exchange bottles with Josh. I have some stuff he may be interested in. Where do you guys live? I'll see if I have any that may be fairly local. Scott

David Fertig

Reaction score
Hey - that was quick and easy! Thank you! We live just outside Carlisle, PA. I collect locals, but he seems not as concerned with location. I have not tried to force him into any type of bottle in particular. I started about age 11 and Dad always let me buy what I wanted and that usually amounted to a car load at the flea mkt, on Sundays. Scott - I'll PM you Josh's info. Please let us know your address and if there is anything you are fond of. Thanks!

Bottleworm

Reaction score
I already have a partner but I have some bottles I think he would like. I was once his age collecting bottles but I never bought any as I took the ones my dad dug back in the day.

creeper71

Reaction score
David if you can meet me somewhere in ship or cburg Ican give you a box full for Josh

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Who's the boy in the back?I don't have much anymore but I could make a "goodie" box up, nothing much since I've kind of stopped collecting glass but as a once 10 year old digger I would have loved it. Bury it somewhere and let him dig it up it the spring.I personally think the holidays should be about the children anyway.Shoot me a PM with your address if your interested.

David Fertig

Reaction score
Thanks all! Here's Josh's address: Josh Fertig656 Grahams Woods RoadNewville, PA 17241 Josh will be sending a package to ScottBSA, but if anyone else wants Josh to send them one too, we can make that happen. Just PM me your address and if there is anything in particular you collect. Thanks and Merry Christmas,Dave

David Fertig

Reaction score
Rob, I'll give you a call later in the week. I should bring Josh as it would mean more to him that way. Thanks,Dave

goodman1966

Reaction score
David, I would like to send Josh a louisianna druggist. Young collectors need all the bottles they can get so they can eventually make up their mind about what they want to collect ! It only took me 30 years to decide. I'm wanting one state embossed druggist from every state. I will get the address off here and send the bottle if that's ok. Mitch

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter