Lot #2 of inherited jars for sale

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nezhoda4

Reaction score
Upon further review of the lightning jars I am sure they are reproductions I googled lightning Putnam 227 and they have all the signs of run repros

Brains

Reaction score
you've got a cobalt swirled Kerr jar -cool! Kerr factory workers failed attempt to make a cobalt blue product...
(they made insulators like that too- they go for big money, but then the people that couldn't afford what someone else could try to shoot them down with an argument somewhere along the lines of "it's just a factor worker's whimsy- it's not really an insulator, so it isn't worth anything")

glws eh?

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
I have to agree all those trademark lightnings are repros. The ones with the zinc lids are no-brainers - they are absolutely NOT lightning jars. The cobalt blue one, you can't see the lid at all, but i'd have to say the shape of that wire - sticking up high and square like that, gotta be a repro. I think the butter jar is a repro as well, just from the looks of the zinc band on it - it's way too new. The mason's 1858 with the shiny aluminum lids I used to pick up at the flea market in Canton Texas for $8;00 each and sell for $15. Definitely modern and made in China. The other mason's patent midgets may be the 1971 repros but I'm not sure - I think i was too distracted by all the obvious fakes. -Tammy

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward