My Current Display

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Currently I have a dopey little white bookshelf that I display my favorite bottles on. I have most of my bottles boxed up in the garage until I can put up new shelves. Here's the current display
16242740240_2b72afc1a2_z.jpg
Here's the FUTURE, I have enough of these to cover about 2 walls. Now I just need some time to get them up!
15645085884_a31bfa8d97_z.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Can't wait to see your new display. Do you plan on putting a back on your new shelves?

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
I probably won't be putting a new back on the shelves. Once I get them wall mounted i'm going to find a way to put a few strips of LED lights across the back.

sandchip

Reaction score
I was just going to say that adding a back of 1/4" plywood would add a lot of strength to your shelves, fastened with a little wood glue and 4d box nails. Helps to tie the whole thing together especially when the shelves aren't dadoed into the uprights. Then, you can also just screw it directly into your studs with no brackets and such. Paint the back white and it would reflect the light from your LED strips and really show off those great bottles.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice sandchip! might have to do that sounds like a really good idea. Also came with wider bottom shelves, I might be able to come up with a way to connect these with the much wider bottom shelves and have a freestanding shelving unit with the back. And thanks Jamie! I kinda like it too, am defiantly going to keep it just for dug stuff of mine that hold much more sentimental value then actual value.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!