New bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Holindaze

Reaction score
I went to Disneyland for my honeymoon and saw all the sights and spent to much money but one thing I found was a soda from Japan that was bottled in a bottle simular to the old bottles with a marble in it. The lady there had to show us how to open them as you dont just pop open the lid. It came in many flavors and cost a lot more than a coke, but it was different.

Holindaze

Reaction score
I found this on wikipedia about the soda
Ramune is widely known for the distinctive design of its bottle, often called Codd-neck bottles after the inventor, Hiram Codd. They are made of glass and sealed with a marble; the codd head is held in place by the pressure of the carbonation in the drink. To open the bottle, a device to push the marble inward is provided with the bottle. The marble is pushed inside the neck of the bottle where it rattles around while drinking. People trying ramune for the first time sometimes find it difficult to drink, as it takes practice to learn to stop the marble from blocking the flow. In the new version of the bottle (2006), little slots were added to the cap where the marble was originally held. This prevented the flow from obstruction if the marble falls back into the cap.

Holindaze

Reaction score
I would have never imagined drinking from a codd-neck bottle, but now I know its not impossable as the old ones are probally pricy. my new wife kept me from antique shops or exploring the woods. but we had a lot of good times. I should have bought extras for trading with local bottle collectors.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles