NO CLUES Please Help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sassycb

Reaction score
Hello everyone. These items were dug out of a turn of the century landfill over the past month. I am very new to this and have no clue as to what some of these things are. let alone what their purposes were. I would love to know what the white rod of glass is, or its purpose. This is so much fun. Please help me along. Thanks, Christine.

Mk26285.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26285.jpg
    Mk26285.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 79

sassycb

Reaction score
These were dug about a week ago. Any clues? I seem to be getting a lot of milk glass or whitr glass jars. Anybody know about those? Christine

Xv63728.jpg

Attachments

• Xv63728.jpg
    Xv63728.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 86

Steve in MA

Reaction score
A friend and I have been digging out a dump from the 20's, and it is fun, esp[ecially since it's my first serious dig (he dug a bit back in the 80's). In the 2nd photo, the tall clear bottle is either a ketchup or vingar bottle, as we have found a ton of that shape, and some have had labels on them saying ketchup, but some very similar ones, had "new england vinegar works" embossed on the base. Maybe they made ketchup as well?

GuntherHess

Reaction score
there are a couple items in that first photo that look interesting. That tall cut glass-looking clear decanter in the back, is it pontil marked? The little Colgate type perfume with the ground glass stopper is nice. Is the shorter square cobalt blue bottle marked? It looks like maybe a poison?

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
Chris, does the long white glass rod have a hollow center if it does it was used as an insulater , they ran wire thu it and the glass rod was put thu wood or other flamable materials, the short blue one does look like a 3 sided poison and the one with the dog ears [:D] might be a bromo, and the one in front of that a perfume, with a stopper

KentOhio

Reaction score
The little milk glass jars were for face cream. In the first photo, in front of the Lysol and to the left of the perfume, is that a paperweight? I'd like more pictures of that.

sassycb

Reaction score
Hello all. Thank you all so much for the info. Here is another picture of the things you all asked about. Yes GuntherHess it has a polished pontil, its in bad shap, but so beautiful, its so uneven. Any idea on age or maybe what might have been in it. I wonder how it was etched? What is a "Colgate" type perfume? Its embossed "LUBIN/PARPUMEUR/A PARIS", any ideas on that? Age, Value? Unfortunately I cant get the stopper out to clean the contents out. Yes its a three sided poison with worn knobs down three sides. No its not hollow Caretakermaine. The end is broken off. Any other Ideas? The other blue is not bromo. It has three sides ribbed, one side smooth. A "M" in Circle on bottom. Oh and the aqua is a stopper that says "Baker's". Wow, please send more info. Thanks Christine. PS almost forgot, the blue on the left says "BELMONT LABS INC./PHILA. PA./MAZON" on the bottom.

Ig13658.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13658.jpg
    Ig13658.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 75

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Colgate made pretty common perfume in that shape, Lubin also was a pretty common perfume. The french Lubin perfumes often were pontil marked, much later than you would see pontils on American bottles. Check to see if the Lubin has a polished pontil mark, sometimes people dont even notice it on those bottles.

sassycb

Reaction score
Hello all. I can't believe it GuntherHess, it does have a polished pontil. Please tell me more. How do I get the stopper out? Is it worth anything? Tell me about the other decanter. Thanks all. Christine. PS I'm going to be putting a bunch of pictures in different forums. If you see something from sassy take a look. I can use all the help I can get. Remember, 6 weeks ago I knew nothing about bottles.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers