noobie

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bottleboy4419

Reaction score
i don't know how everyone seems to find all these amazing bottles I live in Maryland and I have no clue how to get permission to dig at old houses or find old houses for that matter...yeah it sucks

swizzle

Reaction score
Start at the library. Ask for an old atlas of the county or counties you live in or by. Find an area that you are comfortable with and look for streets that exist today. Compare the old map to the new ones and then start pounding on doors. Be nice and polite. Never show up on someones front door at 5am with a pick and a shovel. How would you react to someone knocking on your door with a potential murder weapon? Keep the tools in the car. Ask local antique stores if they know local bottle diggers. Leave a note at a local store with something like this.

Wanted Local Bottle Diggers/Collectors
Attn: Farmers do you have an old bottle dump?
I'm looking for a place to dig old milks and soda's
for my personal collection. Will split finds with owners
if interested please call 555-5555.

Adjust the note to suit your needs and wants. This should at least get you started. You can also try posting in the section below for looking for other bottle diggers in your area. Not get going and good luck. If anyone else would like to add to this then please do. Swizzle

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson