Old Sale Creek trading post

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

haelix

Reaction score
Iv lived in Sale Creek most of my life, If you know the history of the trail of tears, it is the place that the Cherokee sold off their possessions to buy supplies for the long march to Arizona.
Sale Creek is located north of Chattanooga TN on HY 27. I have recently located the trading post site and it is ripe for digging.
Id like to put together a dig this summer, My house is 2 miles from the site, Be ready for snakes, its by a creek.
If you want to dig with me or just want detailed directions drop me a PM
10 people would be nice, and Ill supply the food, BYOB

diggermeister

Reaction score
Hey Haelix and welcome, I'd be up for a road trip. I'm in Charlotte, NC about 6 hours away. No wait, the I-40 between Asheville & Knoxville is closed so the trip would be closer to 8. Keep us posted on dates etc.
So, who owns the site now? Is it a historical landmark? Are we talking dumps, privies, both? Have you found anything there yet?
That's only 4 so I have 16 of my twenty questions left...har-har-har

haelix

Reaction score
I dont know who owns it now, People camp there by the creek allot, and Iv fished there for years.
Ill do a predig first and see what I can find, its wooded and not many landmarks , but the trading post was in operation for many years. Id love to find the privies and dumps. they had to have both , no real choice back then

haelix

Reaction score
the trading post was in operation in 1838, witch means we may have to dig deep, I can do some digging in about 4 weeks and If I find anything ill let you know

greendog66

Reaction score
hey haelix,i was looking at some old post and saw yours about the sc tradin post i was just wondering how it turned out.......i live in soddy

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaveL