Otto Francke Bottling Works Elgin, Texas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jason

Reaction score
Anyone know how long Otto Francke Bottling Works was around for? Also about how much is it worth?
[attachment=14052239118220.jpg]

Attachments

• 1e2a21f2cf1a48c6830f11997b5765d1.jpg
    1e2a21f2cf1a48c6830f11997b5765d1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 96

2find4me

Reaction score
Known as a "Deco" soda, probably dates around the 1930's. Otto Francke sounds like a German name, sorry can't help you much on the company. A typical deco bottle is usually worth between $10-20, this one depends on the demand and maybe the rarity.

Jason

Reaction score
Thanks. The prices for Texas bottles is a cryptic subject. I'm not sure what collectors like or think is important. I just started collecting bottles a few months ago, and buy the ones I like. It does seem to be a rare bottle. I found very little about it and the company on the Internet.

ebsbull

Reaction score
Jason, I too have an Otto Francke bottle in my small Elgin bottle collection. While I do not have it right in front of me now, I am pretty sure that my bottle is older. My bottle is defiantly different but Otto could have sourced different bottles for different reasons. So far, I have found four different Elgin soda bottles indicating at least four companies from the past. I feel fairly certain that one location was used by at least two of these companies. Today, there are still broken bottles to be found at this old site. I have lived in Elgin for 57 years and intend do conduct more research as well as add any Elgin bottles that I can find. This brings me to yours. I would be interested if you ever elected to part with it. Bull

jays emporium

Reaction score
Brad, glad to have you on ABN. I'm in Victoria, Tx. I have one Elgin bottle that I can think of but can't get to it right now. It is a clear glass deco soda bottle with stars ELGIN BOTTLING WORKS and is marked 3 Rivers, which dates it from 1920s-30s. I don't have a price on it but we set up at Warrenton antique show in Cole's building and I'll probably have it there in Sept.Jay

Jason

Reaction score
Hi, Brad. I sure we can work something out. I love my Texas bottles, but it's really just the rare San Antonio ones that I would be hesitant to part with. Sounds like it would be going to a good home.

ebsbull

Reaction score
Jason, If you come up with a price for the Elgin bottle, let me know. Echo Baker Sierra Baker Uniform Lima Lima a t Foxtrot Lima Alpha Sierra Hotel d o t November Echo Tango a t t n Baker Romeo Alpha Delta. Thank for your reply... Bull

ebsbull

Reaction score
Jason, If you come up with a price for the Elgin bottle, let me know. Echo Baker Sierra Baker Uniform Lima Lima a t Foxtrot Lima Alpha Sierra Hotel d o t November Echo Tango a t t n Baker Romeo Alpha Delta. Thank for your reply... Bull

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete