P. D & Co #16 (England)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gio soft

Reaction score
Hi guys

First post! Hoping the community can help. I've tried desperately to research this but Im hitting blanks. Found this empty bottle in a disused patch of Ancient woodland on Christmas Eve. Assumed it might be 60's which was cool, so brought it back. On researching, i now know P. D&Co were a US pharmaceutical company. For the life of me, I can't find out what #16 in their line was, and from when this bottle dates. Best i can find seems to suggest c. 1895 but fully expect that to be wrong!

Any help would be greatly appteciated.

Found in west sussex.

Thank you

(PS appreciate it looks like #18in the photo, but definately #16 confirmed later after a clean and with a torch)

20231224_113726.jpg
20231224_113744.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Living in Detroit where Park Davis co. was I have a few & seen a few P.D. Co Bottles. BUT, With out a label or someone that has one just like it with a label will be hard to identify. With the screw top probably dates from around 1920's to 30's. not sure or remember when the company closed? Leon.

p.s. welcome to the site.
ParkDavis.JPG
ParkDaviscloseup.JPG

Gio soft

Reaction score
Living in Detroit where Park Davis co. was I have a few & seen a few P.D. Co Bottles. BUT, With out a label or someone that has one just like it with a label will be hard to identify. With the screw top probably dates from around 1920's to 30's. not sure or remember when the company closed? Leon.

p.s. welcome to the site.
View attachment 251744View attachment 251745
Thanks so much Leon. Much appreciated

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Considering you're in the UK, where ABM and screwtop bottles took longer to catch on, I think you're probably right in your initial 60s guess. Could be a bit earlier, but probably not much before the war. The 16 was probably just a mold number, not a reference to anything that the bottle contained. Bottles like this would likely have contained several different products.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen