Perfume, vanity, and barber bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wallaman

Reaction score
Wanted to know if dug perfume bottles ranging in size from a half dollar and up, clear glass, cobalt, cut glass, frosted, some with lids, most not. Vanity bottles, barber bottles are collectible and have any value.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Depends on the age but some bottles in those categories are definitely collectible. Barber bottles especially, I know there are some serious collectors of those. I think in general the ones that were meant to be displayed on a barber's counter are fairly valuable.

Wallaman

Reaction score
CanadianBottle: Thank you for your response. I am now in the process of cleaning bottles I dug back in 1970's. I have so many to sort out into different categories and I wasn't sure if I should spend as much time with those particular ones. I know people love to see photos of bottles, I do too. I have a couple problems with posting photos of what I have. (1) I have an old Android phone and I am not computer savy, and ... (2) It is literally impossible for me to take pictures of all I have, fronts, backs, sides, bottoms. I love old bottles but I am not knowledgeable as to knowing what the bottom marks, seams, tops, etc., etc., mean. I spend hours every evening browsing bottle websites, ebay, marketplace trying to find out about all these things so I can have some idea of a monetary value for what I have. It is totally confusing. I can literally find a dozen different prices for a Hoods or Ayers Sarsparilla bottles. Same goes for all the different bottles I have tried looking up so far.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator