Pontil or smooth base

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GAjosh

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Do you have a picture of the 1883 Columbus John Ryan? Thanks again for your information
No problem. Its extremely difficult to photo. Its probably the darkest Ryan I have.
2e8d010e916e73c546ecc61e9c41d794.jpg
600698f65ecb1353a416e631f722981e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
No problem. Its extremely difficult to photo. Its probably the darkest Ryan I have.
2e8d010e916e73c546ecc61e9c41d794.jpg
600698f65ecb1353a416e631f722981e.jpg

It is so dark I have never noticed the 1883 on the back. Great pictures though. I am pretty interested in why the closed before the dated 1883, thank you

timeandabottle

Reaction score
You Savannah dwellers have neat colored bottles! I’m curious why some of you have stated you only collect Ryan’s instead of all? Here’s my only Savannah, a Henry Lubbs in a peacock green.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

GAjosh

Reaction score
You Savannah dwellers have neat colored bottles! I’m curious why some of you have stated you only collect Ryan’s instead of all? Here’s my only Savannah, a Henry Lubbs in a peacock green.
Nice Lubbs. I only collect Ryans because he had the best bottles ever made in my opinion lol. No privately owned soda bottler had as many molds and variations as him in history. 44 total molds and over 100 variations. Being im just a blue collar auto mechanic itll take me probably the rest of my life to get them all in undamaged condition.

timeandabottle

Reaction score
Nice Lubbs. I only collect Ryans because he had the best bottles ever made in my opinion lol. No privately owned soda bottler had as many molds and variations as him in history. 44 total molds and over 100 variations. Being im just a blue collar auto mechanic itll take me probably the rest of my life to get them all in undamaged condition.

I hear ya on the blue collar comment. I'm with ya on that. I'm continually scouring the net for people that list items incorrectly so I can afford what I really want! ie: Someone on here found an awesome cathedral pickle on ebay listed in the flower vases category and stole it! I found an embossed and labeled poison on line and the seller couldn't spell POISON properly even though it was embossed right on the bottle they were holding! Anyhow, I bet your collection is impressive and best of luck in finding the ones you don't have.

GAjosh

Reaction score
I hear ya on the blue collar comment. I'm with ya on that. I'm continually scouring the net for people that list items incorrectly so I can afford what I really want! ie: Someone on here found an awesome cathedral pickle on ebay listed in the flower vases category and stole it! I found an embossed and labeled poison on line and the seller couldn't spell POISON properly even though it was embossed right on the bottle they were holding! Anyhow, I bet your collection is impressive and best of luck in finding the ones you don't have.
Lol, ive gotten a couple Ryans like that over the years. If i had the finances id probably collect everything pre-1890. Thanks and good luck to you and your collection my friend.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
I do love all bottles pre1900 and still dig/ hunt when I can. I just won't sell any John Ryan bottles and will sell any others. Nice Lubes by the way, great picture.

J.R. Collector

Nomad Bottle Collector
Reaction score
Probably will like this then. This was taken from the 1869 city record and blown up and framed. It was a gift from my better half.
30a2e81a38e84b85807d94ff92bff5f9.jpg

This is fantastic. Sounds like a great other half. Love the ginger ale and light blue 2in letter Ryans too.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyH