POTTERY PIT!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Genno62

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals! Hows All? Just stoppin by to share some pics of Jimmer and I`s new project! This is one AWESOME 1850-60s pit! HUGE 5 ft. in Dia. and we`re down around 11-12 ft. and its loaded with pottery and lots of Great stuff too numerous to say! 2 Best things so far are The crock you see with the name Charlie on it and the local Med ! Think we`re just breakin through another clay cap! Hopefully to the real Goodies laying below? !LOL! Hope you enjoy the pics! Will have more when we`re done! Happy Diggin! GENNO!!

CE99E8A3889E40B28D1E4F752A80DEA3.jpg

Attachments

• CE99E8A3889E40B28D1E4F752A80DEA3.jpg
    CE99E8A3889E40B28D1E4F752A80DEA3.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 50

lexdigger

Reaction score
Looks like a fun dig! Can't wait to see what else you all get. Tim and Cliff dug a pit Sat. and got some good stuff. They have two more holes probed out for us to dig next weekend so hopefully we'll get into a good one. Chris

appliedlips

Reaction score
Looks like a fun one Genno.You guys are due for a killer pit.That crock is really nice.Is the other one an ovoid,redware crock?Other than the pottery and the sauce everything looks 90's though.Good luck at the the bottom.Doug

Jim

Reaction score
This has been a fun pit so far. It started with some TOC junk, then a pretty good 1890s layer. We're into the 1870s bottles now, with some earlier stoneware. The peppersauce has a nice, drippy applied lip. It's a shame for all of the broken stoneware, but a few smaller pieces have been found intact. The house was likely built in the 50s or 60s, so hopefully there will be some good old material in the bottom. ~Jim

beendiggin

Reaction score
That is deeeeep and the look on Jimmers face seems to say ladder please. Nice digs.

Haldy

Reaction score
Gene:

I'm glad to see that you and Jim have been keeping yourselves busy and finding some good pits to dig. I'm jealous!! I haven't been able to get up your way all summer, as my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in July and that has really changed my schedule. Maybe next year I can catch up with you guys again. I'd love to have the opportunity to dig a pit with you. Keep up the good work and good luck finding some real "old stuff".

Denny

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles