Question for you hunters or target shooters

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
I went to "Guns and Fishing" yesterday, a local gun store here which happens to be the "only" place to buy ammo now. Big 5 Sporting Goods and Walmart have empty shelves. Ammo for my 30-06 is varying in price from about 50 dollars to 80 dollars depending on the brand and grains, etc. What the heck is going on here? Everyone I've talked to about it is blaming it on B.O. (the pres. not that stench, although there is a relation but I won't get into that here). Are ammo prices like that everywhere now or is it just here in California? A friend of mine re-loads and he said he can't even get primers anywhere. Not even on-line. Seems to me they are trying a different tactic for gun control.

woody

Reaction score
Luckily I hoarded lots of 30-30 ammo for my hunting rifle before the Obama administration took office.
It seems there was a rush for ammo before he took office and maybe there is a shortage now.
You can go to Walmart and special order ammo if you want.
Prices aren't as bad here in New Hampshire as the state is hunter friendly, that is until the people from Mass. start to change things.
You can't even deer hunt with a rifle in Mass.

capsoda

Reaction score
Prices went up here too but are comming down a little. The best bet is to get ammo at a gun show. Best place to by a weapon too. What kind of 3006 you have there Wilke.

My brother has one of the new BARs that is 3006. They have them in smaller cal too.

athometoo

Reaction score
ALL THE PRICES HERE IN TEXAS HAVE TRIPLED . YOU HAVE TO BE AT THE SPORTS STORE WHEN IT OPENS 9AM M-W-F , OR YOU WILL NOT GET ANY . I ALSO RELOAD AND HAVE OVER THE YEARS ACCUMULATED MANY ROUNDS OF VARIOUS SIZES . STILL WHEN YOU SIGHT YOUR SCOPE IN WITH A SPECIFIC BULLET , YOU WANT TO STAY WITH IT . EVEN DIFFERENT BRANDS SAME SPECS CAN THROW YOUR SIGHT OFF . ( DIFFERENT POWDER AND BURN RATE . ) THE 7.62 X 39 STEEEL CORE A YEAR AGO WERE 1.00 A SHOT NOW THERE ALMOST NON EXISTANT . LUCKILY I FOUND A FEW HUNDRED AT THE SAME PRICE AS REGULAR SHOTS $ 5 A BOX . ALWAYS WHEN YA GET A CHANCE BUY BUY THEM BY THE CASE OR GROSS YA GE A BETTER DEAL . GUN SHOWS HAVE A FEW DEALS IF YA WANNA BUY THEM BY THE CASE (500 ROUNDS OR MORE) WALMART DOES NOT CARRY AMMO ANYMORE AROUND HERE EXCEPT SHOTGUN AND 22S . I TRIED TO HAND LOAD 1000 ROUNDS OF EVERY CALIBER I OWN JUST IN CASE . NOW THE RELOADER IS PUT FOR THE FUTURE . GOOD LUCK AND STOCK UP[ NOW PRICES WILL CONTINUE TO RISE} SAM P.S WARREN I GAVE MY WIFE A BLR 308 TO HUNT WITH SHORT STOCK LIGHT WEIGHT . SHE LOVES IT

Wilkie

Reaction score
I always heard that price gouging was ilegal. Isn't that what this is? The NRA doesn't seem to have the pull it used to. I don't see how B.O. can do that, I'm pretty sure congress didn't agree to that, or did they? What is happening to this country???

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
50 bucks for a box of 06s thats nutz.I hope your not in a revolution up there that would run into some big bucks! [8D]

Here they are 25 bucks for Remington 170 G My shells last a long time.you only need 1 per deer [:D] If your siting in or shooting targets that could be $$$$$$ up in your neck of the woods.

glass man

Reaction score
IF PRICE GOUGING MEANT ANY THING THEN GAS WOULD HAVE GONE DOWN ALONG WITH THE COST OF A BARRELL OF OIL. I HAVE HEARD RIGHT WING MILITAS ARE OR THE RISE. SUPPLY AND DEMAND,SUPPLY AND DEMAND! HUP,HUP,HUP! COURSE WE DO STILL HAVE A COUPLE OF LITTLE WARS GOING ON. I WOULD GUESS THAT WOULD KEEP AMMO MAKERS BUSY,BUT I BELIEVE WITH ALL MY HEART THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PLENTY LEFT FOR THE FATHER LAND! I HAVE ENOUGH SHOTGUN SHELLS LEFT FROM MY DAD'S DEATH TO LAST ME A GOOD WHILE IN CASE OF HOUSE INVASION BY PIGMYS FROM ACROSS THE SEAS! SURE THERE WILL BE ENOUGH FOR FOLKS WANTING TO GO SHOOTHING WHATEVER OR WHOEVER AT RANDOM. DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY! LIKE JOHNNY LENNON SAID OH SO MANY YEARS AGO"HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN BABY"! YEYAH!! [:)] JAMIE

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

50 bucks for a box of 06s thats nutz.I hope your not in a revolution up there that would run into some big bucks! [8D]

Here they are 25 bucks for Remington 170 G My shells last a long time.you only need 1 per deer [:D] If your siting in or shooting targets that could be $$$$$$ up in your neck of the woods.
Yep, 1 is usually all it takes. Last year it took two, the deer was moving and I hit him right below his spine, had to take a second shot to bring him down I usuall shoot 2 or 3 shots opening day to make sure my scope hasn't moved.
I'm used to paying 20 bucks a box so 25 wouldn't bother me one bit, 50 is excessive and 80 is just nutz.

glass man

Reaction score
SPEAKING OF HOME INVASION [WELL I WAS TALKING BOUT THEM PIGMYS THAT ARE COMEING ACROSS THE SEA AND INVADING HOMES,GLEN BECK TOLD ALL ABOUT IT!!!] HAVE YALL NOTICED ON THESE COMMERCIALS FOR HOME PROTECTION SYSTEMS IT SHOWS SOME BODY BREAKING THE DOOR IN ,HEARS THE ALARM RUNS AWAY AS THE PHONE RINGS AND THE VOICE ON THE OTHER ENDS ASKS "ARE YOU ALRIGHT"?,THE PERSON SAYS NO SOMEBODY HAS JUST BROKEN IN" AND THE VOICE ASURRES AND SOOTHES THE PERSON WITH "WE WILL GET HELP RIGHT ON THE WAY". THE PERSON IS SO RELIVED AND SAYS "OH THANK YOU"! DO I EVEN NEED TO SAY WHAT IS SCREWED UP ABOUT THIS PICTURE?[:D][:D] JAMIE

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau