Really!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bostaurus

Reaction score
Got a call from Kingston, Jamaica to let me know that they (Publishers Clearing House) were worried that I had not responded to the two notices they sent concerning my prize, which they want to present to me tomorrow. The man on the the other end of the phone seemed quite concerned and wanted me to call another number to talk to a manager. I was touched that they were so worried about me....so worried that he kept calling me sweetheart....when I could manage to hear him over the sounds of the crowing rooster. REALLY! They are going to have to do better than that if they want to scam someone.

bostaurus

Reaction score
And if someone does show up at the door with a big check tomorrow I will be happy to apologize to that guy in Jamaica
[;)]

bostaurus

Reaction score
It is sad really. It was pretty obvious to me, but I know some elderly and a few not so elderly that might have been taken in by these jerks.
At first I thought it was funny that they were so bad at this, then I just got mad. Especially with the struggling economy, there are a lot of folks that will ignore that little nagging voice in their heads telling them something is fishy and call the number 'just in case' it is real.

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Well Melinda. I'm hoping you get lucky.
I am already lucky...or I should say fortunate. Two of my college kids are home today so we are making the trek into town with my mother. If the PCH folks do show up they will have to talk to the dog[:)]

glass man

Reaction score
Good story!! You should have said send me to first class round tickets on a major airline and you would come pick up the mony yourself!!JAMIE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday