Saratoga

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ccatt

Reaction score
I had a chance to buy an old large embossed Saratoga Spring Water cork bottle for $15 or $10.....Should I have??????

thanks

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Sounds like you should have it was undamaged. Spring Water's are very collectible....And I would say any would be worth 10.00 , as many can be worth 100.'s !
If it was the Saratoga style Spring water .
Brian

ccatt

Reaction score
thanks,,, maybe I missed a good buy

slaks29

Reaction score
What was embossed on it and what color was it? Don't know how to get a hold of him anymore but there's a fellow named George Waddy in upstate New York that can tell you all you want to know about SAratoga's

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
wanna know about Saratoga ?...just ask...i live a county away..

kick yourself for not buyin that bottle! -I HAVE BEEN IN THAT BOAT ALSO -TO BUY OR NOT-
BUT ALSO -they are prob the most sought after min water bottles out there'"i should say the most collected since the early days of bottle digging and collecting",
Hawthorn,Congress bottles also,or any that have Ballston Spa on it "right down the highway from saratoga"....
Then you have the era of the Lighting Stopper Bottles from up here that are so obscure that no refrence nor evidence of the store exists,due to the location,....
One of the best and prob the MOST PRICEY bottle came from here in "SCHENECTADY" - "pronounced - ska-neck-ta-de" which is Mohawk Indian for the great corn flats,but back to the bottle - J. Lake - Cobolt blue -Iron pontil 1851-1852- easy 600 to 1,000 USD!,then theres 1 tenpin style that me and another collecotr have seen which was selling for 1500 or around that range a year ago from a local collector i met who was selling them for a older person,but we just wanna know where he found them,or if they were attic mint,I also found one,which i kick myself in the a$$ for not bringing a cam to prove it,while detecting at a 1700's site i climbed up a small hill to get to a celler hole and i happened to kick some dirt "about 2 inchs down" and i seen this blue bottle,and not knowing at the time i didnt take good care of removing it,but it was removed and non-broke or chipped,and funny enough my first Hood's sarsa bottle was right next to it,now taking the differance of time between the 2 bottles its very strange that a 1851/52 made bottle would be right next to a very later made bottle.......

Just thought Id throw a story in about Upstate NY soda/Min Bottles.....
PS- also is the mineral bottle your tringto tell us about a kind of crown top?,or was it red,yellow,blue,black,green>?.....or was it clear?.....we can help more if ya give us the color....also is there 3 or 4 dots or stars on the bottom/base?.....

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
slaks29 - G. Waddy - i never herd of him,and im from upstate,if possible ill try to find him - but anyone know what county he lived in/town>?.....theres alot of countys up here or as in the Missisippi delta would call parishes...

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles