Skookum Root

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
" a plant commonly known as Hellebore (White, Indian, or American) "

Interesting...a friend of mine's Father accidentally ingested this plant 7 years back, and almost died from it....It triggered a stroke, which he was mis-medicated for, and he died of that...!...Pretty interesting how all these plants can either be medicinal, or poisonous, depending on the amount taken, or whether the leaves, berries, or roots are used...

KBbottles

Reaction score
Awesome!! Looks identical to the cobalt "Royal Hair Restorer" bottles that show up every so often. Same exact form but the embossing is on front panel.

Huntindog

Reaction score
No Potlidboy...
You be Skookum!!!

Great bottle and story!

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Potlidboy

picture three

50E37068EFF74B6F982E9A6FC52D81A0.jpg
I agree the Skookum Root is a wonderful bottle. Many years ago about 1974 or there abouts I was lucky enough to find one. A friend of mine said that his family owned an abandoned stage coach stop that I was welcome to dig. He took me to the site and as we pulled up my heart sank. The building looked like a chicken coop that was converted to a shack in the 1930's. Nothing about it looked old but we gave it a look anyway. As I walked around the back my eyes were greeted with old shards of glass laying everywhere. In the middle of it all was a 3'x3' sink, who needs a probe. We quickly dug out the shallow 4 foot pit finding only two intact bottles. One the Skookum Root which I still have and the other a super rare pint clear coffin from Hollister California. As I remember it was a Barg and Kleen, not sure of the spelling, Rosedale Bourbon, have not seen one since. At least I have the Skookum and a good memory.

Potlidboy

Reaction score
gentlemen.........as always....Thank you for your interest.......you be Skookum. [:)]

Lordbud

Reaction score
Beautiful cosmetic/hair bottle. Cobalt seems to have indicated a cosmetic product in many instances. Wakelee's Camelline perhaps being the best known, along with Nettie Harrison and the Dickey Chemist bottles also containing beauty/skin products.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause