so where will the dirt laden with relics that is removed go to?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kastoo

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/civil-war-shipwreck-way-ga-port-project-144416599.html

grizz44

Reaction score
I'm sure they'll go through every tablespoon of dirt on this one but when they're done it wouldn't hurt to spend a day following dump trucks!

Chuck

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yes, I have followed dump trucks and searched through the piles myself. It hardly ever pays off except for the time we found all the OP and IP bottles sticking out of the piles!!! You just never know???

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

Yes, I have followed dump trucks and searched through the piles myself. It hardly ever pays off except for the time we found all the OP and IP bottles sticking out of the piles!!! You just never know???
Lex what does OP an IP mean?

lexdigger

Reaction score
Open pontil and Iron Pontil.

We got several op meds and a nice, rare, ip cobalt H.Nash soda. They had been dug out by machines, dumped into dump trucks, hauled miles away to another construction site and dumped out into piles in a row. All together the piles contained around Ten privies and all of the other dirt that was on the lot. Many nice things got broken, but the stuff we found was well worth the effort.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Interesting. We hear about the deepening of the river almost every morning on the news and the legal thing with S.C. (I'm not sure what they have to do with it, but whatever), but nothing has been said (that we have heard) about this sunken ship.

All the dirt, silt and whatever they dredge from the bottom can be placed for levys or back fill dirt somewhere. It's brackish water where they plan on the dredge, so I dont know if that will limit the usage at all.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles