Soda King Bottles, good trade?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iowacl

Reaction score
Made plans to visit a antique store that I hadn't been to. Brought along my trading stock in case I seen a bottle I didn't have in my collection.

Found several "Soda King" bottles on a shelf that I didn't have and in discussing them with the owner and ACL bottles in general she wished she had some Coke and Pepsi bottles as "these don't sell". I offered to trade a couple of common 7 oz. 7up bottles for her Soda Kings and she agreed. Came home with a couple of bottles to add to my collection.

IMG_2744.JPG
IMG_2745.JPG

hemihampton

Reaction score
never heard of a antique store trading for bottles, seems kind of odd, your Bottles date to the mid 1960's+. Leon.

iowacl

Reaction score
never heard of a antique store trading for bottles, seems kind of odd, your Bottles date to the mid 1960's+. Leon

I do this quite often to add to my collection. Offer to do a "2 for 1" or "3 for 1" deal. Trade some more common bottles (Coke, Pepsi, 7up, etc...) that will sell better to the general public for a less common bottle that I don't have. The dealer increases their inventory of sellable items, they get rid of inventory that isn't selling, and I get a bottle I don't have to add to my collection.

This usually only works in single owner antique stores, the multiple dealer "mall" type stores usually say "we can't do that as the owner of the booth isn't here" which 99% of the time the owner of the booth is never there.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn