Sodawater - Chero Cola - Columbus, GA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Augusta GA

Reaction score
Picked up an excellent condition clear embossed "Sodawater" made by Chero Cola of Columbus, GA. It has a patent date of June 3, 1924.

I'm not finding any real information on "Sodawater." Seems to be uncommon. Any idea as to its value?

Augusta GA

Reaction score
Yes, that's the same bottle. Mine is also in excellent condition. Not sure that the $19 eBay price is realistic. Thanks for the reply.

I've been to just a few bottle shows several years ago and don't have a feel for values.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those bottles were used for non-Chero Cola products (in this case, maybe specifically carbonated water?) bottled by the local franchise bottler. "Sodawater" doesn't refer to any specific product, it's just referring to carbonated water in general. Franchise bottlers of all sorts of different brands would often have this type of bottle up until the 50s or so, with little standardization between franchises. Collectors are often confused by them, particularly the Coca Cola ones which are often confused for straight-sides. The way to identify them 99% of the time is that they'll be marked "_____________ Bottling Company" but won't have the brand logo anywhere on the bottle.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acrgator