Some goodies from the river recently! Whiskeys, inks, ceramics!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Been a few days since I found these, but finally getting around to posting. These are from two rivers - the I.C.U. Whiskey is from a more local creek that was recently flooded (part of a dam reconstruction project), and all of the others are from a larger river near where the 40s-60s dump I frequent is. As a result the I.C.U. Whiskey is older than the others, but still some great finds!

image1 (2).jpeg
I.C.U. Whiskey / Mihalovitch, Fletcher, & Co. / Cincinnati
image2 (2).jpeg
This one's a bit hard to see. H.W. Huguley Co. / 134 Canal St. / Boston
image4 (2).jpeg
A different little piece of glass. Had a handle that connected from the neck to the body. No maker's marks; others have told me they think it's a part of a vinegar pouring set for a table.

image5 (1).jpeg
Studebaker hubcap, though it's pretty beat up and has a hole in it.
image6 (1).jpeg
Pyrox Insecticide jar from Boston. The piece fell apart as it came out of the hole (could see the stress cracks through it), but I managed to salvage several of the side pieces. Next time I go back I'm going to try and salvage more and repair it.
image7 (2).jpeg
A trio of slick meds. A bit disappointed they were slick, but the different tops at least make them interesting.

image8 (1).jpeg
A huge orange bowl from Villeroy & Boch of Luxembourg. I haven't been able to find a date on this one. Similar to the Pyrox jar this one was stress cracked when I unearthed it and split while removing. It's a clean break, and I will be repairing it once it is cleaned up to my liking.

image9 (1).jpeg
I assume this was a handle to some kind of pot or jar, but I have no idea what. Anyone recognize this?

Hopefully I'll have more to report on later this week!

Hezezilla

Reaction score
Wow! Those are great finds. I would be willing to kill someone to get my hands on an embossed whiskey from my local area. I can't really creek walk in Hawaii. It's way too rocky to find anything. Good luck on your next one!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Wow! Those are great finds. I would be willing to kill someone to get my hands on an embossed whiskey from my local area. I can't really creek walk in Hawaii. It's way too rocky to find anything. Good luck on your next one!
The closer of "local" for me is the Boston one; finding one from Maine would be an awesome accomplishment!

And I understand your struggle with rocky bottom rivers. Plenty of rocks here in Maine - anything not buried in the sand or mud gets beat up pretty bad.

Semar

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of ACL crown top sodas from Maine bottlers.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR