SOUTH DAKOTA

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
Well I made it to Deadwwod before the *snowflakes* got too deep. I took pictures of Privvydiggers hutch and Ancientdigger's Julius Deetken medicine bottle with me. And John55f100 I believe yours is like the one that was in the Julius Deetken satchel. Mike Runge is the archivist (michael.runge@cityofdeadwood.com). When I started asking him about how much your bottles are worth he told me "I am not an appraiser, I am an archivist" But he really liked the hutch, and said the building it was made in burned down in 1900-1915. He wants you Ancientdigger to E-mail him a better picture of your Deetken med as he has not seen one of those before. And John, Mike told me there were 5 of your type of bottle dug up in the Chinese dig a few years ago. (The Chinese lived under the town in tunnels.) He also said anything linked to Deadwood would have an elevated price. And he said they had the Deetken collection appraised and they paid $2,000.00 for it. They are looking for someone who can read the old German language as many of the items are such written and he feels they could unlock more details of this family and the history of Deadwood. Any takers on that?

Dugout

Reaction score
Are you going to mail him a better picture of your bottle? Maybe you could take your bottle and read a little bit of some of those letters.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide