Styrofoam Pepsi

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: lexdigger

If you come across the old glass 2 Liter Mt. Dew bottles in MINT condition with the cap and styrofoam label... they are worth keeping. Some of those can go for over a grand!
Lex are you serious a grand? I was thinking more like on a good day 20.00

lexdigger

Reaction score
Well, for MOST of them you'd be lucky to get a dollar or two on a good day. You need to do some research and find out the Rare and Hard to Get variants to know for sure what you have. These types of bottles need to be in ATTIC MINT condition to hold any value... not Dug. I don't collect anything newer than TOC but do know of some collectors who Love the ACL and Styrofoam Label Sodas. The higher dollar bottles are Often found mixed in with the commons at flea markets, etc... Keep your eyes out!

lexdigger

Reaction score
When I was a kid living in Frankfort, Ky. we used to go up on Fort Hill and have BB Gun Wars. There was a Civil War Fort there and at that time it was pretty much untouched. There were Piles of bottles up there... ALL CW era. We shot the shit out of them. Inks, Flasks, Bitters, Fruit Jars... you name it.
Since then the State did a huge archaeological excavation of the site. Among the relics found was a signed BOWIE knife. They built a nice little museum there and have all the artifacts on display... including a complete Canon, but minus all the Glass we busted up. LOL Oh well... you live and you learn.

lexdigger

Reaction score
LOL. We would put on about five or six layers of clothes, helmets, goggles, gloves... the works. We used pumps, pellets and even sling shots! Ah, the good ole days. Should have saved some of those Bottles!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen