Successful Hunt

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
I just got home from deer hunting. I got my deer on Monday. It's a 3 X 3 buck! My hunting buddy got his the following day, his was a forked horn. Here is a picture of mine.

A518A63CB1014CB09D30F158F280AC03.jpg

Attachments

• A518A63CB1014CB09D30F158F280AC03.jpg
    A518A63CB1014CB09D30F158F280AC03.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 53

glass man

Reaction score
BEAUTIFUL DEER TIM! WAY TO GO! LOVE TO HAVE SOME TO EAT BEEN ALONG TIME!! JAMIE

Wilkie

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I'm pretty happy about it. It is smaller than the one I got last year but it still isn't a bad size deer. This was an easy shot, he was standing still for me at about 100 yards. Not so easy finding him afterwards though. Even though my bullet took out his lungs, he ran about another 100 yards and the brush was pretty thick. We ended up tracking the blood trail for awhile to find out where he fell.
This was zone C4 Woody, it opened September 19th. Last year I was in X-6A and it doesn't open till later in October.

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Awesome Tim!! Hope to get mine come November 11th.
What's the rifle? I have my Mom's Winchester 30-30 lever, mid 1930s vintage. First time I shot it last season I hit a 5 gallon pail cover about dead center from 250 feet with the open sights. I was pretty happy with that. It has a Weaver side mount scope but I hate it. Terrible balance with it on.

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: CanYaDigIt

Nice buck Tim. No bears?
Aaron, nope, no bear. My friend paid for a bear tag this year but when we got up there we checked to make sure we had all our paperwork in order and he realized he had the bear tag "application" and not the actual tag. He forgot to mail it in. So he is out about 50 bucks. Turns out we never saw any bear this trip anyway. One guy up there got one though, we didn't know him though.

ORIGINAL: Oldtimer

Awesome Tim!! Hope to get mine come November 11th.
What's the rifle? I have my Mom's Winchester 30-30 lever, mid 1930s vintage. First time I shot it last season I hit a 5 gallon pail cover about dead center from 250 feet with the open sights. I was pretty happy with that. It has a Weaver side mount scope but I hate it. Terrible balance with it on.
I have a Marlin .30-.30 that I baught when I was 16. I still carry it to use for close range shots, it has open sights. I use a .30-.06 with a scope for most of my hunting though and that is what I got this buck with.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Congrats ! Nice deer ! Should make for some good eating .
You guys do have an early season ...... our Bow season opens tomorrow .
I will be in the woods if all this rain gives me a break.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward