"sundial " acl bottle - Aurora beverages Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
the 1940s and 1950s dumps are common here in the state's . but the acl's do not survive well . because of the high acidity in the soil . you may get lucky once in a wile but as time go's on the harder it will become.

no there really aren't a lot of acl's left in dumps that are in really good condition , even worse condition in the lakes by now , find a lot with no acl left underwater , when they dug the road around here there did seem to be some in the old ditches that survived rather well and cleaned up well , so does depend on the location of where they have been buried

RCO

Reaction score
after not having seen any of these in a couple years I saw 2 of the yellow ones at barrie automotive flea market on Friday . the seller had 2 in better condition than mine and wanted $35 each for them , at that price I didn't need another that bad . he also though they might of had a connection to the former Sundial hotel which was located on highway 11 in Orillia Ontario but I'm personally doubtful of that claim unless more info comes forward to connect the 2 .

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
after not having seen any of these in a couple years I saw 2 of the yellow ones at barrie automotive flea market on Friday . the seller had 2 in better condition than mine and wanted $35 each for them , at that price I didn't need another that bad . he also though they might of had a connection to the former Sundial hotel which was located on highway 11 in Orillia Ontario but I'm personally doubtful of that claim unless more info comes forward to connect the 2 .

Yeah there's absolutely no way that a small bottler from Aurora was connected to a hotel in Orillia. I have a hard time even coming up with a potential fictional connection, the towns are just too far apart for anything to make sense. Even a bottler from that era being connected to a hotel in its own town is pretty unlikely.

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah there's absolutely no way that a small bottler from Aurora was connected to a hotel in Orillia. I have a hard time even coming up with a potential fictional connection, the towns are just too far apart for anything to make sense. Even a bottler from that era being connected to a hotel in its own town is pretty unlikely.

the sundial was torn down a couple years ago ( I drove by it many times but was never inside ) , it had been rate beside highway 11 since 50's or 60's , it fits the timeline of the bottle but distance and fact there was already a couple bottlers in Orillia or nearby its hard to make a connection other than they both used sundial in names and had that connection .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26