Texas Pottery Question???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

photolitherland

Reaction score
Ive had this piece for about a year now and dont really know much about it, actually I know nothing about it. I got it from my grandmas friend who owned an antique store in the Texas Hill Country about 30 years ago. Shes now 90 and didnt have any need to sell the stuff anymore so she gave me 14 pottery pieces for free and a bunch of bottles, it was pretty awesome.

But I want to really know about this one piece, I dont know the age on it roughly or what it was used for, probably just water, is there a particular name for this kind of pottery. Ive never seen one before for sale at an antique store or on the internet. Any info at all would be amazing, thanks in advance :)

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

photolitherland

Reaction score
Nope, just a capers bottle from the 1880s, a pickle cathedral, a blown Persian Saddle Flask, dont know if its a repro or real, and a few ACL bottles. Well, I did get one, it was a Polar something or other ACL, dont have it around me right now, but it is from Conroe TX.

MedBottle1

Reaction score
I'd say it's an ancient teapot used by the Egyptians, circa 1 A.D.

MedBottle1

Reaction score
I would personally suggest Dr. Fawil Nu Abirisee. I can give you his e-mail if you want, he would be the one to ask. Just PM me. Thanks.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmtrails