tough week end

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

arthur

Reaction score
THIS IS A VERY TOUGH WEEK END FOR US. YOU SEE 2 YEARS AGO ON LABOR DAY MY SON WAS KILLED IN ACTION IN AFGHANISTAN . HE WAS A DOCTOR IN SPECIAL FORCES. THEY WERE TREATING SOME CHILDREN IN THIS VILLAGE AND GOT CAUGHT UP IN A FIREFIGHT. HE COLLECTED BOTTLES AND SPORTS MEMORABILIA. I KEEP HIS E-MAIL ADDRESS SO SOMETIMES IF YOU EVER E-MAIL ME YOU WILL SEE HIS NAME. HE WAS DOING WHAT HE WANTED TO DO AND FELT THAT IT WAS IMPORTANT. LIFE IS SHORT AND A LOT IS TAKING FOR GRANTED. BOTTLE COLLECTING IS IMPORTANT TO ME. I REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES WE HAD COLLECTING. NO NEED TO FEEL SORRY. I'M AS PROUD AS CAN BE. I AM KEEPING THE COLLECTION ON GOING. HE IS ALWAYS WITH US. THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. GOD BLESS AMERICA

sweetrelease

Reaction score
very sorry for your loss. your son is a hero! i don't know how you feel,but i can only think how you must feel. be proud that he did what most people will not do and that is fight in a war ,what in it's self is a very hard thing to do. again sorry for your loss he is in gods hands now[;)] . you said it best "GOD BLESS AMERICA "!!,matt

glass man

Reaction score
ARTHUR: GOD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ! IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE [my paraphrase]NO GREATER THING CAN A PERSON DO THEN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIEND! YOUR SON DID THE GREATEST ACTION A HUMAN CAN DO!!! I KNOW YOU ARE SO PROUD OF HIM AND SO AM I!!! WHAT AN INSPIRATION!!! JAMIE LINDSEY

beendiggin

Reaction score
Arthur, you are so blessed to have had a son who was so generous. He is a great example of what people are really capable of when they put others first. I only wish I could be like him. Thank you for raising such a person. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squirrelman