Trying to date an ACL Brownie Club soda bottle (Providence, RI).

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODABOB

Reaction score
FBT

Thanks

Even though there is still a bit of controversy about the accuracy of the Glenshaw codes, the O = 1943 is close enough for now. No one, including myself, has been able to decipher all of the number codes. The RC bottle I just acquired has a GI on one side - which is possibly for 1937 - and 83 on the other side - which doesn't jive with anything I am aware of. Check out this forum thread for some additional information about Brownie Club soda bottles.

https://www.antique-bottles.net/threads/brownie-club-beverages-search-for-a-1934-acl.560955/

Bob

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Hey Tim,
This is a fairly common RI ACL, there are a lot of variants of them out there. I agree with the 1943 date.

FreeBirdTim

Reaction score
Thanks, Taylor! Glad to hear it's not rare, since it's in pretty rough shape. I did find another Yacht Club deco at that dump, so I'm still finding some good bottles there.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Soda Book called it rare but since Taylor specializes in Rhode Island Bottles I'm sure he'll know more about it. Leon.

FreeBirdTim

Reaction score
Probably semi-common would be the best way to classify the bottle. First one I've ever dug, but I'm not a hardcore bottle dump guy like Taylor. I spend most of my time metal detecting. Thanks for your input.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2