unexpected, but not really a discovery

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
it was really more of a mishap, its 5:00 A.M. here and i just got back from the hospital getting my leg stitched up, 6 stitches, my first time getting stitches, i was scared shitless.... im not going to go into how it happened beacause i dont like to feel stupid...

who wants to see the stitches?[:D]

Just Dig it

Reaction score
i have cracked my noggin a good 4 times..staples stitches
had them glue a cut under one eye.
18 stitches in an elbow
the full distance in back of my ear top to bottom
for an operation behind my left ear
we should share some battle wound storys! mind if i make a thread?

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
nope it wasnt my homemade tumbler gone wild, i got in a fight with this big guy, atleast 6'8" tall and 350lbs of man killing muscle![:D] as he went down he pulled a knife and got my leg pretty good... but its ok it was worth it to defend my lady friends honor![:D]

actually i tripped over a roll of tar paper for roofing, stumbled around, kicked a 5 gallon bucket while trying not to fall, when i kicked it i tried to step on over it again trying not to fall, and i stepped in it, fell, the bucket didnt turn over, so it cut the crap out of my leg, bad enough i was afraid to look....

go ahead, take over this one, ill post some gruesome pictures of it all stitched up later...

capsoda

Reaction score
You want dat I should send you one a my spare legs??? You can juss lop off yours an use da plastic one. [sm=lol.gif]

alabasterbottle

Reaction score
**it happens, I ripped my leg up trying to shake loose a few insulators from a old pole in Jakin,Ga on Sunday.., and it was only (3) CD 203's .....oh well
~T.Y.

towhead

Reaction score
Oh my gosh Spencer! Certainly isn't funny that you had to get stitches, but when I read your description of what happened.....I couldn't help it....I was laughing so hard I cried!

logueb

Reaction score
Know the feeling Spence. Let's just say that I'm accident prone. Started back when I was a kid and still continues today. Let's see.
Fell on a can lid - seven stitches in knee.
Wrecked a wheelbarrow- seven stitches in knee.
Hydraplaned off a fresh painted porch after a rain. - Butterfly stitch in back of head.
Too close to batter playing sand lot ball- seven stitches to head.
Fish hook in the head.
After a while the ER gets to know you on a first name basis. Stitches are no fun. Hang in there and heal up.

towhead

Reaction score
Yes, me too, I know about stitches....once upon a time, had a rope swing ....next to a barbwire fence....well, not pretty when you land on it or in it or....[:eek:] yes, was afraid to look! [:(]

logueb

Reaction score
Spence maybe this trip to the emergency room will help you feel better. It was funny to everyone but me.

The Fish Hook in the Head Trip to the ER.
I enjoy fishing and several years ago I decided to make up some trot lines to set in the creek for catfish. I went to Wallyworld and bought all the necessary items and it was after dark when I returned. I turned on the shop lights and stretched out the main line and began tying on the short lines with the sinkers and hooks. I knew it was going to be a slow process so I was sitting on a stool to do the tying. Well things were going good until I dropped one of the hooks I was tying on. I bent over to pick it up and felt a sharp sting in the top of my head. I thought that one of them ol guinea wasp had stung me and reached up to rub it. That's when I realized that I had just stuck the last hook that I had tied on into my scalp. Through my favorite fishing cap and into the scalp. So here I sit on the stool , hooked on my own trot line. I tried to back it out but no way. Now this is not one of those small #7 bream hooks. This thing is one of those #0 set hooks, with a long, sharp barb. This thing is meant to hold a 30 lb catfish without bending. And is doing one heck of a job holding a 200 lb Buster. So nothing to do but cut the line and go get the wifey to help. I go in the house and tell her I need a little help. Then I show her this giant set hook sticking out of the cap. I tell her to take the sissors and cut a small hole so the cap would come over the eye on the hook. What does she do, she cuts a hoe in my favorire cap that you could stick your thumb through. Now I got a big patch of cap with a fish hook through it stuck in my head. She says "what do you want me to do ?" after she laughs of course. I tell her to back it out , but she says it makes her squimish looking at it. She says I need to go to the ER to get it out. I said no way am I going to the ER, but this thing is stuck and it seemed as though the harder I worked the deeper it got. So, me and the wife jump in my pickup and off we go to the ER, 10 miles away. She sayin I should slow down and you guessed it, I meet a patrol car and I'm doing 60 in a 35 zone. He whips around with blue lights flashing. He pulls up behind me and I know he's running my licence plate. I ain't got time to be fooling around with no speeding ticket. So I go to the patrol car and it happens that I know the patrolman. So I apologize for speeding and told the patrolman that I was in a hurry because I got a hook in my head. "A what he asks". A hook. And then he spots it and begins to laugh so hard he can't even tell me to go ahead, he just waves his arms. So I arrive at the ER, and you know the drill. Life history , forms, forms and I'm sitting in the lobby with this big ol set hook in my head for everyone passing by to gaze at as I fill out all these forms. Finally, they take me back and of course everyone there has to look and give their opinion of how to remove the hook. So they finally reach an agreement. Push the barb through the skin, then cut the hook in half so the eye of the hook doesn't have to go through the "new" hole. They deaden the scalp first of course. So they push it through and attempt to cut the hook with surgical instruments. They destroy about three instruments before they realize that this thing is hard to cut. One of the EMTs goes out to his personel truck and brings back a pair of rusted needle nose pliers with side cutters. Finally he snips through the hook and I get to go home. And of course everybody hears about it and when they see me ask "have you hooked any big ones lately?"

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski