What do you make of this freak?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
OK obviously this bottle is not "original"... So then that leaves me wondering... What the hell is it, where did it come from, and who made it? I figure it has to be some amateur glassmaker's pet project after they acquired a cheap 1970's-80's Coke bottle mold... A BIM, rolled lip, pontiled, blood red, 1980's Coke bottle. [:D] What do you make of it?

Here's the weirdo in question... Opinions?

epackage

Reaction score
The correct link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unique-Rare-Ruby-Genuine-Coca-Cola-Bottle-Handblown-/310411820234?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845fc7cca

epackage

Reaction score
Looking at his prior sales, including a Coke Mold, I have to assume he's friends with some South Jersey glass blower who is making some fantasy items to sell on Ebay and elsewhere. Seems to be working on a small scale...

http://www.ebay.com/csc/Bottles-Insulators-/29797/i.html?_ipg=25&_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=ricgrass&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Freaky. [:)] I'm not sure why someone would spend $300 for a repro that isn't much cooler than the real thing. Maybe make it in cobalt or citron or ruby red. That might be a bit better but still way way way too pricey.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Ha!!! Red dye will do that to the inside of any bottle and still show the green/aqua through as in those pictures. Th glob of fiber glass resin is a nice touch though for the pontil. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
That's definitely the glass color... And that bottle is BIM. They must be friends with a glassblower like Jim said, as the bottle was empontilled and the lip was rolled, for whatever reason.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

That's definitely the glass color... And that bottle is BIM. They must be friends with a glassblower like Jim said, as the bottle was empontilled and the lip was rolled, for whatever reason.
I'm guessing the lip was rolled because they didn't have the lip finishing tool for a crown top...[;)]

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
Looks like it was done the same way as his ultra rare ruby red Booz flask that he sold.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward