while I was away....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
I've been away from digging for awile as I've gotten into collecting bricks and pottery in the river and than I just got a new metal detector and I've been getting used to using that, so I haven't had much time to get out and dig. today i get out of work early and I go to my favorite spot (late 1800's early 1900's) and I discover big holes! someone else has been digging at my spot, it's in an easy to find location and people where digging and finding stuff in that area before I was born. than development and construction covered most of the dump. It was uncovered a few years back when they did more work down there plus the hurricane helped expose more of it. (though they did place large rocks to the floodwall over a part of it.)
there's still lots of stuff to find, I found so many bottles today I had to quit early cause I couldn't fit more in the pack. I hope to meet these other diggers though, I'm not mad they dug the site it's anyone who wants to share in the hobby as it's there. They've been using big shovels I mostly dig with a hand held shovel and rake. I'm curious to know what they found out there because there's lots to find.

deenodean

Reaction score
you will have to hide one of those motion sensor camera's in the trees and catch whoever is trespassing .... [:D]

VTdigger

Reaction score
Nah I kinda helped them find it, i was the one who dug it up, I helped them, they helped me, I poked around where they had dug and found a almost intact jug only missing the handle I still kept it that's a nice sight a not broken jug or crock.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau