Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

What do these lids go to ?

Does anyone know what these lids may go to ? The first one is embossed PATENTED MAY 25TH 1886, Measures two and seven eighths inches across the bottom from outside to outside. Looks like a fruit jar lid to me, but to what kind of a jar I have no idea.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0995D4CAD5BB498D9FF90D917869A1BF.jpg  

RE: What do these lids go to ?

This lid is embossed COLUMBIA PATENTED DEC 29TH 1886. No inside threads on the inside of the lid. Measures two and a quarter inches in diameter outside to outside. The embossing was easier to display backward as for being able to see it. I have no idea at all what this small lid goes to.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C735F08699DC4A008A80B096A32E2D83.jpg  

And last, this lid is embossed WARM CAP SLIGHTLY TO SEAL OR UNSEAL - PAT'D OCT 24 1905. Lid measures three and a quarter inches in diameter across the bottom from outside to outside. I would assume this lid also goes to a fruit jar of some kind.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1D170960DD7B4CBBAB3C51A7A4BF30B4.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Finder

Hello,Your first lid goes to a Globe jar second goes to a Columbia jar,although I did'nt know they came in amber.Good luck Clinton

The Globe is common,The Columbia in amber may be a better lid .The last lid goes to a unmarked jar value unknown.

Thanks Clinton, the Columbia is not a fruit jar though is it ? Seems quite small if it is. I have had these lids in a coffee can for years , knocked the blasted things off the shelf onto the floor this afternoon, and broke almost everything in it except for these lids and a few other glass items.

the last one either goes to a "flaccus brothers" or a "crystal jar"

what do you want for that flaccus lid? i have a clear jar here but no lid

Hey LC, Let me know if you want to let go of the Columbia. I got the perfect jar for it.

Senior Member Bottle Master cowseatmaize's Avatar

Hey Warren, I think that lid may look odd on a "perfect" jar, or any other Ball for that matter.[sm=lol.gif]
    Sorry about that chief. M. Smart

Hey guys,Spence I'm not sure about the clear lid. It should fit a flaccuss but I think the dates are off.LC the columbia lid may be from the pint.Don't know for sure fellows just some guesses Talk to you soon.Clinton