Auction of 19th to mid 20th century "Ohio Valley" Glass

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Roger

Reaction score
I got this in my inbox this morning...

Good morning ..... I came across your website while searching on Google. I am selling a 1300+ piece collection of late 19th to mid 20th century "Ohio Valley" Glass through Green Valley Auctions in Mt. Crawford, Virginia on January 28 that I thought might be of interest to you. The collection was assembled over a thirty year period by a gentlemen in Ohio who was interested in studying the transition of early American glass forms and matrix used during the last half of the 19th century through the middle of the 20th century. While the greater percentage of the collection is American in origin including early Pittsburgh, flint glass, Consolidated, Phoenix, New Martinsville, Morgantown and Blenko, early pieces of czech, italian and studio glass were also incorporated into the collection for study purpose. Following is a link to the Green Valley web page where you will find links to the first 316 cataloged lots. In addition to the individually cataloged pieces, more than 1000 pieces will be offered in choice tray lots. Images of those pieces won't be uploaded until roughly the 24th of January but are well worth viewing - There are currently two jpegs at the beginning and end of the catalog with backroom shelf views that will give you just a glimpse at some of the pieces being offered. ABSENTEE bids are welcome. There are also 6 pages of notes relating to the collection written by the collector which are interesting reading.

http://www.greenvalleyauctions.com/Auctions/Upcoming/2005January2829.html

All the best,

Scott Hambidge

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen