help with identifacation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
i have this unusual flask, its an amber coffin flask with a light green applied top. but my question is about the embossing on the bottom, its a glass house mark i am pretty sure, it reads c.c.g. co. has anyone ever seen this mark and if so, whos is it, and where is it from? heres some photos
3630796438_08b0f7392f.jpg

3630796316_8fdff18240.jpg

cyberdigger

Reaction score
[font="sans-serif, arial, helvetica, geneva"]http://www.myinsulators.com/glass-factories/bottlemarks.html

C.C.G.CO..............Cream City Glass Company, Milwaukee, WI (1888-1894). May also stand for Colorado City Glass Company, Colorado City, CO (1889-1893)

..that's a sharp looking flask!!!!
[/font]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Not sure that Cream City Glass makes sense since they were supposedly just making beers around the time when that flask was made.

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys everyone, I have a few flasks with glass makers marks ill be pulling out and posting hoping to learn more about. This one I believe was found here in my home town so I was curious of its birth place

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Guntherhess. Peter Maas wrote an article about glass blowing in Milwaukee and is the expert that I trust when it comes to those Wisconsin glass manufacturers. ("Hi Peter" if you see this.) While flasks from Cream City are quite rare, there are known examples. I believe that it is possible that these were made from left over molds from the Chase Valley Glass company (an earlier owner in that chain of Milwaukee glass manufacturers). I'm sure there are Wisconsin collectors who would want the piece without knowing definitively if it was from Cream City. Nice find!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I know nothing about Wisconsin bottles , would be hard pressed to find the state on a map. Just going by what I have read. I would defer to any WI collectors.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Matt,
We're like over by Chicago, dere hey. I can't say for certain that was manudactured by Cream City. I just know that at least some collectors would want it because (as you correctly noted) most bottles made by them were beers and sodas.

PS. Where is Maryland?

ktbi

Reaction score
Nice flask Nick.....
BTW - Maryland is about 2 and 1/2 inches south of Maine on my map...

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776