Original "Moxie House" now in my area!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
Check this out...the Moxie bottle house has been acquired by the Matthews Museum in Union, Me. It will be on permanent display starting this summer. This is where they have a great display of Moxie advertising memorabilia, including many bottles. It is also a fantastic historical museum for Maine history in general. Many of the Moxie items came from Bob Heath, a local well known bottle collector from Union. Sadly, he passed away years ago. His collection was amazing! I had the pleasure of seeing it many times. This museum is only a few miles from my home, on the Union fairgrounds, home of the Annual Blueberry Festival and Maine Antiques Show. A must see if you're in the area. Can't say I love the drink, but I can enjoy one once in a while. Brings you back....
http://knox.villagesoup.com/Community/story.cfm?StoryID=164738

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
That's really neat. Too bad by brother just moved from Portland Maine to Portand Oregon. He would have liked that.

morbious_fod

Reaction score
It's good to see that some of the quirky items from sodas heyday were preserved. Now if we could find that gas station that was made too look like a Nehi bottle and it's Chero-Cola swirl bottle posts, that would be awesome.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen