Looking for diggers in Northern Ohio

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JayBeck

Reaction score
I have not seen any recent posts here from anyone in Northern Ohio so I figured I would give it a shot. I started digging around 7 years old and my experience consists of mostly farm dumps and a few town dumps. I've dug up one 1860's era privy but it was rural, shallow and nothing like what I see these privy diggers here digging up. I currently reside in the Huron/Sandusky area and I have been out searching around everywhere for a dump but have only found shards so far. I know of some dumps that are still producing just to the East of here but they are mostly 1920's to 1960's. I prefer not to dig alone so I am hoping to find another digger close to this area. I'm always scouting out new locations, doing research and following shards in the creeks/rivers so I am bound to find a good spot somewhere around here soon. Someone with experience digging privies is a plus since there are many homes in the area that date to the 1860's and prior. I look forward to hearing from anyone in the area.

-Jason

kvs1207

Reaction score
Jason, I live in the Toledo area and have been looking to team up with someone with a bit more experience than myself. My experience is nill. I am however quite ready to go be a river rat and scratch around a bit. PM me if you think you might like to get together. I'm free most Saturdays.
Karl

toddrandolph

Reaction score
I'm in the Akron area and have done some digging up your way, always when working as we do some sites up that way sometimes. It's a bit of a drive, but not too awfully far. I have tried at several houses to find privies with no luck at all, so I have never dug one. My house is 1870 and is open to anyone that wants to come find the privy, but it was originally a 150 acre farm so it's not a city lot. I haven't had any luck locating it, but haven't spent a lot of time trying either. I don't have any good digging spots at the moment but sometimes run across a dump or two.

gravydude

Reaction score
I live in North West Ohio. I've only dug a few times in the dirt :)
But am always have been a collector. :)

SKS.TUSC

Reaction score
Very south of NE Ohio here, I know ur pain trying to find a digging battle buddy. My wife laughs at my new found addiction.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beth 264