milk glass jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, found these sunday. 1st time i ever saw a jar that used a lid at both ends. it's 2 1/2" tall, 2" across. one end has a shallow depth, the other much deeper. the shallow end has a u s patd # that date it to about 1941. the small jar is 1 1/8" tall, 1 3/4" across base. base embossed MUM , mfg.co. inc. and # 19. any information on these would be greatley appreciated, thanks rhona

Zx71284.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71284.jpg
    Zx71284.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 192

whiskeyman

Reaction score
HIYA RHONA & TNCGAL...
Perhaps the double-ended one had cold cream in the larger end and rouge in the smaller? Circa 1920's-40's.

madman

Reaction score
hey rohna nice jars, ive just recently started collecting cream jars nice mike

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi tncgal & whiskeyman, thanks for looking and the information, mum,s deorderant didn't accur to me. so far mike i only have a small collection of milk glass jars. don't find a lot of them. i just realize the verticle lines in the larger jar didn't show up. thanks for the help and looking, rhona

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
I find quite a number of milk jars. I have a Lady Esther, Boncilla, Ponds, and a Turpo jar. I just found another boncilla jar at a new dump I just discovered, but I already have one so I left it. Maybe I'll go back and get it tomorrow and figure out what to do with it later.

tncgal

Reaction score
I saw your post on another thread about the taller jar being for shoe polish. I believe you're correct. Here's one to compare.

eBay item

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler