Pics From a few digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Heres a square wood liner. I can't remember what we found in this one so i don't think we did too well.

Picture21.jpg

Heres another Square wood liner This one had a 4 foot clay cap in the top it was that sticky wet clay that you can't get off of your shovel. Then about 4 feet of black muck. We got a few pontiled things out of this hole
Picture28.jpg

My new digging tripod.
Picture31.jpg

A huge brickliner we dug it down about 15 feet and gave up cause we still wern't hitting a trash layer with the probe from there.
Picture33.jpg

Heres is a double Barrel lined privy (one barrel stacked on top of another) it was an ok hole it had a few pontils in it but nothing great.
Picture39.jpg

Heres another round brickliner this one went 14 feet deep but never got any older then 1895 but there were alot of bottles in it.
Picture44.jpg

Heres another double barrell lined privy this one had a clay cap that held in the water. So my digging partner was playing in the black muck again. We got a few pontils out of this one and the one next door but nothing great again.
Picture47.jpg

And heres another pic of the same privy with us tunneling to the privy in the yard next door.
Picture48.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the pictures
Chris

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Chris -
Nice new tri - rig. Slimdigger told me that you got one. We sure need one for the deep stuff.

Great way to get to the neighbors glass in the last photo - Love it!
* Diggers use caution while trying this and shore things up first.

thturk

Reaction score
Very cool pictures! It got me to thinking...I now know why I find so may bottles around sagebrush here (Wyoming). [sm=lol.gif]

Trish

baltbottles

Reaction score
Meech,

It was great the privies were touching there was no dirt between them. we poped out a few barrell staves and had our way with there privy. WE removed the trash layer then refilled the void with modern trash. I hope no one ever digs that hole from the top cause there in for a supprise if they do [:D] It should look undug for the first 5 feet of the hole. WE even put the staves back as best as we could. then filled in our hole. If your ever digging in baltimore and you get to the trash layer and find empty pepsi bottles and sun chip bags. you will know i've been there. LOL

Chris

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
That's a funny and great story Chris. [:D]

I was picturing a fence, above between the two properties, was there one?

baltbottles

Reaction score
Meech,

There was actually a 5 foot high brick wall between the yards. Most of the wall was over their privy. They did have a nice rose bush planted in the top of theres. I think it will survive ok we never really got close to its roots. THey were above us.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese