plain wheaton

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi whiskeyman, pick this up at a flee market in S. C. last year. it's 6 1/4"tall, 2" X 1 1/2 on base. thought it had a nice color and shape. the only embossing is on the base, wheaton, N.J. and possibly a small circle. what would this be a repro. of? does this have any value? thanks for looking , rhona

Us52663.jpg

Attachments

• Us52663.jpg
    Us52663.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 123

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Hi! I have the exact same bottle with no cork sitting in my kitchen window - also a flea market find for a few $ - same reason - I like the colors and shapes of many Wheatons. I've never checked to see if it was a repro of anything specific. I check Wheaton prices on ebay occasionally, and the prices even for the less common repros and figurals are disappointingly low.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Hi RHONA & BLUEBELLE...Wheaton made quite a few bottles strictly for gift shops that weren't repos of anything...they shared some similar characteristics with older bottles, but weren't exact copies.
Being as most of these were beginning to be manufactured back about 1970...and were "mass produced"...it is understandable that they have small monetary value at this point in time.
Some of Wheaton's bottles/flasks have acquired a following of collectors - mostly for the EG Booz cabins and the Bitters, and the historical flasks series:presidents, Apollo, Christmas, Antique Cars,etc...
The Holly City line is a rather nice grouping to collect as many were made in "carnival glass"...I have a set of 3 issued for the Bi-centennial and one that commemorates the US Navy...they have machine seams but are marked on the base as handmade and are numbered.

Latest posts

Staff online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen