Baltimore Pontiled Pickle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

David Fertig

Reaction score
I got a chuckle out of thinking about some guy sittin' in the ol' out house munchin' on a jar full of pickles.

I think there's the makings of a t-shirt. Just need to get it sketched up.

Sometimes a bunch of really old cool pieces are better then a bunch of whole new stuff. Course a whole really old, really cool, really rare bottle helps every once in awhile.

maxbitters

Reaction score
I’m selling the “Wm. Bodmann†in American Bottle Auctions Aug.26th sale due to my current financial situation. It’s the only undamaged one known and is in unbelievable attic mint original condition. A spectacular bottle that defines the true meaning of a cathedral pickle. The mother of all pickles, non any more detailed or finer and few this early. The auction pics don’t even begin to do this killer piece of glass justice. All four sides are different and highly detailed with church windows, columns and gabled roofs. this thing is unreal. Crude, whittled and absolute pristine glass, circa early 1840s. It sure would be an interesting story to know how this thing landed where it did. I acquired it from a carpenter complete with dried contents who found it inside a building when it was being dismantled several years ago. Enjoy the pictures it's lot #162: http://www.rtam.com/americanbottle/cgi-bin/CATALL.CGI [/align]

14877E2DA25C4DAA85B3D55748A1D797.jpg

Attachments

• 14877E2DA25C4DAA85B3D55748A1D797.jpg
    14877E2DA25C4DAA85B3D55748A1D797.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 83

epackage

Reaction score
Congrats, that's an amazing piece of glass and whoever gets it will own a treasure...Jim

Clam

Reaction score
I think it belongs in Chris's collection......Let it come home to Baltimore...........

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Same here, seen it and handled it a few times. It is something special and absolutely should go home to Baltimore.

cacarpetbagger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: PrivyCheese

Dug a nice early pickle yesterday. Shame it was broke into piesces. I glued what I could back together. It is embossed Baltimore on one panel and Wm Bodmann on the oppisite side. Has a huge pontil.For a Baltimore guy like myself this would have been top shelf!

3DC69EAFB5C94DC49563E9D56B12483C.jpg
Digging things like this even if broken is what keeps us going back for more. Good luck on your next dig, you never know what your gonna find.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler