Baltimore Pontiled Pickle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I praise you for digging and saving all the pieces. That would have been one mo fo pickle, I'd like to see a picture of a whole one. What an amazing piece of glass. Like others have said, I hope you dig a whole one this year.
It sucks that the bottle is broken, but just sifting through pieces of what for a bottle digger is pure solid gold, is worth the effort. Really gets the juices flowing, and you can feed off of that to find yourself in a serious pontil era loaded privy before you know it.

What an awesome pontil on that pickle. awesome

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Honestly, We knew it was a good one but not how good it was. Chris AKA BaltBottles said the only whole one that he knows of resides with a guy in California. This pickle almost is 12 inches high. The pics dont do the embosseing justice. As a lot of you mentioned it is spectacular. It does reenergize me to look even harder. As us Baltimore guys know its been slim pickins of late here in charm city. I would be happy to find some Blob beers.

The credit for the hole that this came out of has to go to Phil44. He was nice enough to ask me to come along. Without him I would have never layed eyes on this bottle. Sure its in piesces, but to just have it sitting there and thinking what could have been....

sandchip

Reaction score
May be broken, but it still smokes. What a bottle.

bostaurus

Reaction score
I have one just like that in green... sorry, daydreaming again.
A whole one is laying in a pit somewhere in Baltimore just waiting for you.

phil44

Reaction score
Thanks John, always fun to dig a high potential hole like that.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Now I remember that bottle. It is, or maybe was, in a not too distant collection, but I haven't seen it for some time. I'll have to check on it and see.

The Bottleman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

It always amazes me how the great bottles somehow show up broken and the commons are whole.

Not to state the obvious here or make you look bad Dan, but isnt that what makes commons common and rares rare? I mean if you think about it they are only common because there are a ton of unbroken ones lying around everywhere.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
checkout my dump truck load of broken Sawyers Extracts and busted 3-in1 Oils[;)]
What is the price of recycled glass per pound these days?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey