Can someone identify this?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Found this at a flea market today, and was wondering if anybody can identify it. I don't usually collect Tennessee bottles, but I had an urge to buy. It is marked NASHVILLE over a large H, with TENN under that.

1013018340994CBC9CB15AD773AD278F.jpg

Attachments

• 1013018340994CBC9CB15AD773AD278F.jpg
    1013018340994CBC9CB15AD773AD278F.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 126

KBbottles

Reaction score
From the looks of it, it appears you have a nic early crown top amber soda/beer bottle from Nashville, TN! Is there a seam that goes up to the top or does it stop and indicate that the crown top is applied. Very nice local bottle. Maybe some TN collectors can share a bit more about its history.

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Hello Michael. I see you are from Florida! Whereabouts?
I am from Central Florida looking for a digging partner.
Let me know if you are close by. Some of the major towns here are
Mt. Dora, Eustis, Leesburg.
Hope to hear from you.
Dave
P.S. I checked my catalogs and could not find this beer. Crown caps are not so rare but if someone is looking for this one for their personal collection, you might get a good response and better price. Can't tell much from the picutre but condition of the bottle is important. Let me hear from you.

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I assume the bottle is a beer, but it is the size of the standard turn of the century soda bottles. It is blown, but is not in the greatest of condition (lots of case wear), and has a white stain on the back. It is soaking in BKF right now, and will see how it turns out.

My house is in Bostwick, which is just north of Palatka. I am currently in the Army and stationed in Ft Campbell (Oak Grove), KY. I have been going crazy looking around Clarksville, TN and Hopkinsville, KY for a place to dig, but since I know nobody here I have no idea where to even start. But I digress. When I retire in three years I will be moving back to Palatka and will be digging every chance I get. There are a couple Hutches from Palatka I would like to find, as well as some Pepsi and Coke bottles from there. I started digging in that area in 1976 and have enjoyed it ever since. Can't wait to get back to it. When I get down there we can find a dig together, maybe.

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your service to our country. I know the feeling to want to go digging. I am now feeling the same way but it is too hot down here in Tavares to go anywhere.
Please keep in touch and I would love to go digging with you when you get out of the service. What is your specialty. I served in the Air Force in Berlin, Germany as a Russian linguist where we kept track of the Russian pilots flying in East Germany, Polant, Hungary, Roumania and Czechoslovakia when communist countries. Some day I will tell you about it when we are staring down into a huge hole in the ground full of hutches, historical flasks and whatever you want to dream about [:)] In the meantime, stay safe and be proud of what you are doing for your country. Keep praying for our Nation which is under siege. God bless you.
Dave

MichaelFla

Reaction score
Thank you.
I have dug for many years in Florida, and know that Saratoga Spring waters are pretty much the oldest thing I will ever find. In fact, most of what I have ever found down there is from the 1890s - 1910s. So I won't fantasize about digging pontils and historical flasks down there.

OmegaFirefly

Reaction score
Hi Michael,
Not so.....dug historical flasks in Ellenton, Florida along the Manatee River. An old home was leveled and behind the house was a huge glory hole. Home from around the Civil War. We made a killing.
Dug pontiled case gins and onions in the Keys.
So, they are here...just need to know where to find them.
Take care.
Dave

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I never said they weren't there. Just that I would never dig any of them. I seem to have the worst luck with that sort of thing.

TimG

Reaction score
I know this is an old tbread, but that is an amber Heck Cola bottle from the Heck bottling works in Nashville. Probably from about 1910.

Last edited:

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I assumed that's what it was, but you are the first to confirm it. Thanks!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler