Any good finds this weekend?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dugout

Reaction score
Well Rick, just what are you going to come up with next????

MIdigger

Reaction score
Sales are sure dwindling in these parts. i think I saw maybe 3 the whole weekend. Didnt get a chance to check them out. Might this weekend if the weathers a bit nicer may have a few more.

Have a feeling it will be a early snow/Winter around here. After all that wind and rain, its good to see the sun and no wind.

Like to go back to the last rummage and see if the old bot has anymore license plates from 1911-1915. Said he may have some old bottles. Had a cavalry sword but it was bent (said someone drove over it, he was drinking beer while we were talking I figured that one out). I believe it was a repro myself. Guess it would make a decent wall hanger.

accountantadam

Reaction score
Same here MI, I think they're just about done. Supposed to be 60 and sunny this weekend, so may be a few around. We just finished up our big fall sale, so I guess its time to start collecting for the spring sale now. There'll probably still be some auctions around for a few more weeks down here as well, so I might be able to find a few more things

MIdigger

Reaction score
I hope you did well at your sale. As you know, the one I had was a dud. Plenty of items just few people stopping and holding on to their cash. Although I cant blame them, they only have so much to spend on non essential items (collectibles).

Things slow right down. Trying to concentrate on metal detecting and a few more bottle digs. May be find some good books to store up for winter reading.

Would be nice to have a few more estate sales before the seasons over. Good luck down your way.

accountantadam

Reaction score
We had an excellent sale. Started setting it up last sunday, and had the doors open and the signs out every afternoon. We had bought a load of pumpkins, gourds, and mums to sell as well. Sold a little each day, then sales really started picking up on thurday, and were great all weekend. It was mid 60's and sunny over the weekend, with only some wind to deal with. Haven't tallied up yesterday's total yet, but I figure we probably ended up close to $4,500 for the whole week.

ironmountain

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a nice week and ending with a nice weekend..Good sales, good weather. 4500 is a nice hunk of change. Your lucky you didn't have a ton of wind to deal with. It's been 20-30mph steady and big gusts...and cold...one day in shorts and tshirt doing yardwork. next day, sweatshirt, jacket, jeans...

accountantadam

Reaction score
We had about the same wind here friday and saturday, 15 - 25 mph. We're lucky my grandparents own a 40 by 48 garage right in town, so we really didn't have to fight the wind like some of the outside vendors. We moved quite a bit of stuff, still have some stuff I really thought would move though. Looks like rainy and in the 50's this week down here

MIdigger

Reaction score
Weather is supposed to clear a bit by tomorrow (no rain). Probably go metal detecting but watch for any rummage signs along the way. Probably a few left over somewhere. Possibly hit a flea mkt or 2.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese