Any good finds this weekend?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
Had a grandma ask me as I got ready to leave "did you find anything?" "why yes ma`am I did. Would you like to see?" the ole eyes lit up. I said its not very much today but Ive 12 coins today, but didnt go through the whole lot. She thought that was pretty neat. Tried to be pleasant, she thanked me for my time and left.

I wouldve stayed longer but all these moms and tots were everywhere. Tried to dodge them and work around them but I was blocaded at most every turn. So its back to the fairgrounds and hope to find some coin.

ironmountain

Reaction score
nice that you can dirt fish at the fairgrounds..they lock the fairgrounds here. Could walk in I guess, but I'm thinking it's a no-no.

You should have said to the grandma "how old is your house? I'll come detect your house and we can see what's in the ground".

I tried to keep a fair distance between myself and the playground area today and it didn't work...ended up having two youngsters come up and I hear their mom yelling for them to not bother me...didn't work...I suggested that they listen to their mother so they don't get into trouble and promised to show them good stuff if I find it...

MIdigger

Reaction score
Well, we always try to be polite. besides we may recruit another MD`er. (cutting into my millions!). I think a lot of the people think its quackery or some kind of B.S. I am amazed at the advances in the tech of the machines.

Hoping to do some last minute rummaging if the weather holds. Been about 70 here which is great detecting/rummage/bottle digging weather. Maybe find some good finds although I figure there will be far fewer sales and maybe some bargains because of that (fewer customers--may cut prices to move the stuff).

accountantadam

Reaction score
Went picking through some old barns last night, got too dark on us, I think we're going back saturday afternoon. Looks like there could be some decent stuff. Got a couple yard sales lined up for in the morning, and a couple for my dad to hit. Gonna be a busy weekend. Auction planned for Saturday morning, then back to try to get some stuff from the barns, then a big flea market on Sunday. Last flea market of the year, so maybe some people will want to deal, so they don't have to pack their stuff up and take it back home. After that, its time to start getting ready for our big sale next weekend. I'm hoping the weather holds out for one more week. Hope everyone is able to find some good stuff out and about this weekend!!!

ironmountain

Reaction score
How has the weather been in Ohio adam? It's been 70's all week here, today it's 77ish...sounds like you get to have fun next cpl of weeks. Barn picking and sales and stuff...good times.

Brains

Reaction score
this one bought a dessauer's ink cone ink the other day at a garage sale for $1... 'bout the only think i've ever found at a garage sale.
craigslist is good every once in a while... though i haven't found anything of interest recently...

accountantadam

Reaction score
Ironmountain - Been real nice here this week - mid 70's. Supposed to be 80 and sunny this weekend. Looks like maybe some rain the middle of the week, and possibly cooler, but i'll take 60-65 if its sunny next weekend. Picked up a nice westmoreland lidded candy dish this morning on the way to work.

MIdigger

Reaction score
JACKPOT!! military items were out today. 3ps 81m/m mortar metal boxes(pr) for 15 bucks, 1943 AsW43 German bayonet matching numbers bayo and scabbard W/correct frog.......20.00 Should bring 125.00 or so.
Got some coins, brass/aluminum/wire and some old Ball Ideal jars (clear with bales) I have to look up. Plus an unmarked clear w/bale patd July 14 1908 looks like a 1/2 gallon looks like a 9 with a line under it on the bottom? anyone got an idea on this one? glass top with lip.

Also CCM Redwings jersey (like new) XXL for 1.00......Talk about cheap. Plus other stuff I have yet to mess with.

ironmountain

Reaction score
good weather ahead is a good thing..

I like some of the westmoreland stuff...

I once found a pfaltzgraff vase. it was ugly... I first thought it was like that pink and light blue stuff they sell to tourists in the SW. 8" high or so and it had the old keystone with big P in it..one of their first marks. Turns out it was one of the first color schemes they used just after they started doing what they do.

I need to go through all of the bags of stuff, all of my 78 records and most of my acls...I want to upgrade and selling off stuff is going to be the fastest way. after bags of stuff goes and the 78's ill see if i have enough to get what i want. Because it's going to be a fisher 70 or a 75...not a ton of diff and 400 difference..

Did some research on this Holton french horn I snagged...I took the tarnish off. Left the original lacquer on it, and I'm just going to slap some mcguires or lacquer polish, use some pledge to seal it and keep it shiny (this is all after doing a 4hr bath in the tub)...saw one for worse shape than mine on this music website, it sold for 2800 bucks...people like the original patina, even on instruments.

72D1B7AC0D414D69AAE8B2BF84635486.jpg

Attachments

• 72D1B7AC0D414D69AAE8B2BF84635486.jpg
    72D1B7AC0D414D69AAE8B2BF84635486.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 74

ironmountain

Reaction score
Nice MI! I don't even have an opportunity to hit sales like you guys do...jealousy!

I'm going to jackpot land in a few mins...

that school I posted before that is now apartments for the elderly. I have to go there, because it's Housing Commission owned,and i'm going to do some IT stuff, and I have permission and the guy who does maint. asked me to bring a backpack with all my stuff in it because the part on the far left caved in again........it's right on the edge of the grass where it meets the road. The thing keeps collapsing. And everytime it does, they fix it...like every few years. It used to a small dump for the school and for the buildings after. He said they always see old bottles (this area is all when iron mountain was first formed here...1800's)

across the street you might see a vacant lot on the pic, the vacant lot is still there, and vacant....and there was an old park behind the school at the bottom of a small slope, it's now empty field and they put tennis courts where the original parking lot was....and....the skating rink was where the baseball outfield and up to another small slope were....I was told that almost every night there'd be hundreds of parents sitting there drinking or drinking coffee waiting for their kids to be done...was like a town coffee klatch...and that area is near a park...nothing big..maybe 1/2-1acre. I went there once on way back to my vehicle and found a silver quarter 1/2" down...so it should be decent....Only bad thing is, it's at the base of the iron mine...so going to get alot of false signals just from all the mine rock...i'll take pics and post them tonight. probably going to disc out iron, crank it up high sens. and see how bad it gets and just lower sens as i go...this is the place where I literally found 2 pockets full of quarters in a 4x4 area...

K..i'm getting that look that says "are we going?" .

B568028BB7E74E1D9EFC2017F53BB8E8.jpg

Attachments

• B568028BB7E74E1D9EFC2017F53BB8E8.jpg
    B568028BB7E74E1D9EFC2017F53BB8E8.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member