I lost my marbles!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Hello all! You know how some of us talked about marbles a few days back? Well I went on a marble collectors forum and was pleasantly suprised, seems I have a few that are considered HTG - hard to get. So this afternoon I spent 3 hours taking digital close-ups of my marbles; I have to tell you it's not as easy as taking pics of bottles. Anyway, somewhere between the camera, the computer and my cdwr I lost 111 pictures! Agggggggghhhhhhhh. But for the record, if you are finding marbles take a gander at Alans Marble site - great pics and very educational. But don't erase your cameras chip before you know the files have been transfered. I'm going to post a picture here of one 'that didn't get away' lol. It' very unusual, I'm calling it "victory'.

Ca81428.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81428.jpg
    Ca81428.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 114

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Norm,
What's the URL for the
marble collectors forum
you mentioned? I need to check out some of mine as well. I've been to "Alan's" site before. Thanks......

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Meech here you go: marblealan.com. I have a feeling that one I posted might be a one of a kind, the 'ribbon' isn't supposed to be folded like that, but I like the effect. I joined their forum, and now they're asking me about bottles they've found! I guess marbles and bottles are cousins....

bearfan

Reaction score
Norm,
As long as we are putting relations to bottles........If marbles are cousins to bottles....what are paperweights? LOL I will have to check that sight out.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
The only thing I would like to caution anyone who goes to the discussion site that Alan hosts is that the 'non-marble, general chat' area is not for the timid. It's chock full of political rants and raves and some quite vulgar comments..iIdon't know about you, the absense of all that 'stuff' here is one of the things that attracted me to this forum, just a word to the wise.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
John, I've looked at paper weights in shops and flea markets, but i've kept my distance because there's so many repros out there. It's the same way with glasswear, you know cups, dishes and stuff, I just don't know enough about them to trust I'm getting the genuine article. I've dug parts and pieces of them, but not a whole one yet, here's a flower frog (or turtle?) I pulled out of the dirt. It cleaned up nice, I use it to hold my marbles. lol

Nl28557.jpg

Attachments

• Nl28557.jpg
    Nl28557.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 144

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler