WOW!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jays emporium

Reaction score
They have 5 high end bottles on ebay right now. Wonder what else they will be selling, but don't ask, Pushy people will be banned from bidding.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: diggerdirect

I see they also have a 10 day ship time, could be the reason for the 'pushy' statement. [:D]
He added that statement because he got sick of people asking if he would consider ending the auction and selling the bottle privately outside of Ebay...[;)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
He added that statement because he got sick of people asking if he would consider ending the auction and selling the bottle privately outside of Ebay

yep
it bugs me when you list something decent and you get ten emails from people wanting you to relist it with buy it now just for them.
I know collectors are passionate but sometimes they can be down right rude too.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: diggerdirect

I see they also have a 10 day ship time, could be the reason for the 'pushy' statement. [:D]
I understand the 10 day shipping time.Some people expect their purchase to reach their house within three days of purchase.Recieving cleared payment from Ebay usually takes three to four days alone.As far as I know, the post office doesn`t take Paypal.It takes about three days for me to actually get the funds from Paypal to my bank account.Thats if it`s during the week and not a Saturday.For me, I don`t ship an Item unless I use the actual funds from the Auction.I consider cleared payment being when I can actually have access to the money in MY bank account.Not my Paypal account.I don`t think you should be forced to use your own funds to ship an item when your charging the buyer shipping charges.

bottlekid76

Reaction score
I agree with you Tom. You are forced to use your own money until you transfer from Paypal to your bank account, that could be very costly to sellers shipping many items or particularly heavy items as well. Ebay wants folks to ship faster, etc. but your point is exactly right and that the funds clearing process is way after they would like you to have already boxed & shipped the package. Good point.

~Tim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey