Diving Finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Ambly...

Hey Sean, I'll PM you with my phone number if you need any directions... What place did you decide to stay at? Comfort Inn Suites by any chance? There are a couple of nice, romantic places to go to. There's one in Dover that is really great, it's called "Top of The Chop" great food, big servings, excellent atmoshpere, but a little on the pricy side. But it's pretty close to the hotel that you booked with and it has terrific steaks![8D].

In Portsmouth, there are a lot of small dining places with specialty foods, but our favorite is "Rosa's" italian food. It is terrific, it's down by the water and just across the bridge from where I keep my boat. When you're down on the Piscataqua River, you're in my back yard!!! can show you some good diving areas down there and you are just 500' from where my diving buddy found his cobalt, ten-pin style "Luke Beards"... Anyway, Rosa's has terrific food, quiet romantic setting, make sure you get into the room where the fireplace is, terrific mussles too!

Poco Diablos is right on the river, right behind the picturesque Portsmouth Tug Boats. Great Grand Margurittas, good food and waterfront seating...[;)]

Anyway, we're looking forward to meeting you and hooking up. Should be quite a gathering!![;)]

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Bearswede...

Hey Ron, thanks for posting that E-bay item on the C.Ellis... it's a lay down match for mine except for the very inside edge of the pontil remains. I guess mine had a "clean break" when it came off... extremely close nevertheless...

Thanks for diggin that up for me. It gives me an idea of value. Plus, I'm having mine tumbled, so that may increase the value a little bit...[8|]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Boy Wayne, I'm gonna have to teach you how to build a tumbler while I'm up there.

You will be able to tumble bottles 24-7 that way.

25 days and counting bud.

amblypygi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: southern Maine diver

... Comfort Inn Suites by any chance?

Hey Wayne,

Thanks for the pointers, I think Rosa's sounds like a winner (Betsy loves mussels, me well ... [:'(]) I'll bet I can get something good that usta be a cow though [:)]

So yeah, we'll be at the Comfort Inn in Dover, anybody else staying there? We should get together for a beer Saturday night if you guys will be around. Here's my cell number, give me a call if you'll be around: fore-wun-tree, tree-fore-ate, oh-oh-tree-too

[:D]

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Wayne's right on the money regarding Rosa's....probably has the best Italian food north of the North End in Boston.[;)]

capsoda

Reaction score
Lets see now, that'll be bout 20 or so yankee folkes I'll be a meetin an one furiner from Canadeea name Dave. It arta be fun.[sm=lol.gif]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Ambly...

Hey Sean, right across the street from the comfort Inn is a Uno's Chigago Grill... They have terrific hot, buffolo wings and a good menu. 20oz beers, nice clean, comfortable place. It's also only about three miles stright up the road to Bram's place where the bottle show is going to be... a straight shot. Can't ask for more than that.

McDonald's, pizza places, supermarkets, Wal-Mart, Home Depot... they are all within a half mile of the Comfort Inn... so, whatever you need...

Wayne

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
CanadienBoy...

Dave, I was going to e-mail you with the same info that Sean has. The Comfort Inn Suites are only a few miles down the road from where the bottle show is going to be, so if you need anymore info, PM me or try to get in touch with Ambly here... I'm sure you guys will be able to hook up.

Wayne

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese