Diving Finds...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Last one of the C.Ellis & Co...

[
Zx71144.jpg

Attachments

• Zx71144.jpg
    Zx71144.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 62

amblypygi

Reaction score
Ahhhh, I'd recognize that "river black" anywhere [:D]

Great bottles Wayne, I can't wait to get back in the water. I usually dive all winter long, but this year I just didn't get around to it; my drysuits are just wasting away in the basement. I must be getting old [&:]

Soon though...

Sean

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, Great bottles. Love the finish tooling on thet ellis and that hutch almost doesn't have a neck. Cool.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Guys, Thanks for the Kudo's...[&:]

I'm trying to keep up with taking photos and logging them with the before and after type pictures. I'm getting a new Underwater digital camera and I might even try writing an article or two for BAM magazine! Any ideas would be appreciated.[8|]

Hey Sean...
I figured you would recognize the "river scum" what do you use to clean your freshwater scum covered bottles? (I won't ask Warren, cause he'd say "Old Milwaukees Best"[:'(])

Bearswede...

Hey Ron, I'm just taking a guess here, but I think it's a sand pontil?? There was no graphite or iron on the bottom after I did an initial clean -up, so hard tellin. I can bring it to the bottle show with me... Actually, you must know Jennifer & Roger Heatly, well Jennifer is who does my tumbling for me and she may bring them to the bottle show with her to save on the shipping costs. I'll let you know.

DF...

Thanks for the capital KUDO'S, buddy. I'm sure gonna put some time together at the show or befor to chat with you. I know I have threatened to come up to Manchester way, I will be coming up Mon or Tues of this next week to go to Lumber liquidators Candia Rd. I'll try to see if Jim Rogers is around also. I'll let you know.

Thanks all,

Wayne[:)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Cap...

I really liked tha tooling on the top of this bottle as well. It's from Philadelphia and there wasn't a chip or crack in it. The hutch color seems to have a bit of blue in it, and yeah, that neck looks like there is no shoulder left... has the inside bit of the stopper in it too. That's all fresh water finds...[&:]

Four weeks to go buddy...[:eek:]

Wayne

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Wayne,nice looking stuff,looks like it was a good haul.
When I head down for the show I think I'm gonna bring my kayak along,maybe find a few goodies on the way down or back, you just never know!.
Looking forwards to meeting you guys.

bearswede

Reaction score
Last one of the C.Ellis & Co...

Wayne, check this out...

Ron

http://cgi.ebay.com/C-Ellis-Co-Philada-pontil_W0QQitemZ6257673861QQcategoryZ895QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

amblypygi

Reaction score
bearswede said:
Wayne, check this out...

Yup, that was Road Dog's [:)]

Wayne, the best thing I've found for river black is ajax cleanser and elbow grease, unfortunately. I've tried things to soak it off and it just chuckles at all of them. God knows what it's made of, I'm sure I don't want to find out since I've spent about a thousand hours under that river and am probably somewhat coated with it myself [:D]

I just made a hotel reservation in Dover for Saturday night, me and the girl will be going to the show. Any hints on a good romantic place for dinner in Portsmouth??

Sean

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.