Jenny Lind--G.Wash/taylor--JSP bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

februarystarskc

Reaction score
I thought I would share three bottles that I recently purchased on ebay.

-Jenny Lind Flask
-Washington/Taylor flask
-JSP embossed bottle

I got that at a fairly decent price. The seller didn't have "flask" in the description. I feel kind of bad but I got some good deals. Not completely sure if the Jenny Lind is an original. I've seen older posts describing how to tell the difference. I think it's real. How can you tell?

DF799FFC33924F58AC48E876A7D12894.jpg

Attachments

• DF799FFC33924F58AC48E876A7D12894.jpg
    DF799FFC33924F58AC48E876A7D12894.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 71

epackage

Reaction score
Nice finds, don't feel bad you got it at a good price but it's not that far off similar examples with tooled lips instead of sheared lips. I hope the Lind is real, but I have no idea...Jim

creeper71

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: myersdiggers1998

go to the reproduction bottle and jar section of the forum , there is a good write up on jenny.
I myself got tricked with the tricked with a cleavenger Bro repro..even had a sharp pontil....

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
The Jenny Lind bottle is nice,believe it or not I have been doing quite a bit of research on The Southern New Jersey Glass works on the Mullica River. There were 7 of them two of them were owned by Sam And John Huffsey.Your Huffsey flask can be found on this post I created . https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/Jenny-Lind--arrives-in-America%2Cand-appears-on-many-collectable-flasks/m-491943/tm.htm I know the Jenny linf Flasks quite well. In the post I relied to much on the Mckearins and the other glass historians ( who were mainly from New England and New York State ) whose thoughts as to where the flasks were blown was limited. Glass Historian John Edwin "Eddie" Pfeiffer http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=54505060 researched the early glass houses in Southern New Jersey like no one else. He found numerous examples of shards of Washington Taylor and Jenny lind Flasks like the one you have shown which have always been credited to Dyottville in Philadelphia and Lockport in New york State. It is time to give the glass houses of Southern New Jersey there due diligence with regards to a host of Historical flasks particularly the Jenny Lind and the Washington / Taylor ones. Batsto, Crowleytown, Bulltown, Medford, Jackson,Waterford Hammonton,Winslow,Greenbank all these early to mid 1800s glass works located on or very near the Mullica River made these historical flasks and others. Huffsey owned a consortium of sorts of glass works as he was owner agent of Milford,Crowleytown and Bulltown. So your Huffsey flask you can bet was from one of these three glass works. Your Jenny Lind Huffsey Flask is quite original only the original Jenny Lind Fislerville flasks were faked by Clevenger brothers and a couple of Czechloslavakian glass houses. Congratulations you did quite well,the historical flasks are great aren't they!![;)]

februarystarskc

Reaction score
Wow, thank you for all the information!!!

The history of the glassmakers is very facinating. I'm fortunate to own such a piece of history.

It looks like I'v began another area of bottle collecting.

I like the summer/winter flasks and Railroad flasks also. I'd love to have one of them someday.

Thank you again, Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese